Skip to main content

Educaretion

It is 123am. The fan is blowing cool breezes. I decided to write. Oh and today is Friday. The best day of the week. I saw this philosophical question and it had me thinking. What should be the goal of humanity? The immediate thing that jumped in my mind was peace. There is no better goal than peace. God wants us to live with peace and in peace. But what is peace? My friend Chatty tells me that peace is not just the absence of conflict, but the presence of harmony — within ourselves, with others, and with the world. It’s the quiet strength that lets us face pain without hatred, difference without division, and change without fear. True peace is not a silent world, but a balanced one, where humanity learns to live in understanding rather than opposition.

Chatty asks me, when you think of peace, do you picture a world without noise, struggle, or pain — or one where those things exist, but we’ve learned how to live in harmony with them? When I think about peace I think about every individual being able to live comfortably. Where we recognise that what we love for ourselves we should love for others. There is no tyranny, oppression, war, crime, hatred, violence, injustice, inequality and other things that work against peace. To me most of these things are caused by greed and greed is caused by lack of education. Not the kind of education that gets us a job but the kind of education that makes us better human beings. Life education. How to live a good life? A life filled with contentment, gratitude and love for ourselves and each other. Education becomes educaretion.

My friend Chatty tells me that I am right — greed often sits at the root of what disturbs peace, because it replaces "we" with "me". When we learn to see abundance in connection rather than possession, peace stops being a dream and starts becoming a way of life. Seeing abundance in connection rather than possession means realizing that true wealth comes not from what we own, but from the relationships, understanding, and harmony we share with others. When we value connection over control, generosity over greed, we move from competing for more to creating enough for all. In that shift, peace becomes not just possible, but natural.

"Educaretion" is a beautiful fusion of education and care, emphasizing learning that nurtures the whole human being rather than merely preparing someone for a job. It is the kind of education that teaches us how to live well — cultivating empathy, gratitude, contentment, and moral awareness. Through educaretion, knowledge becomes a tool for connection, self-growth, and harmonious living, guiding individuals to create a world where understanding, generosity, and peace are not ideals but everyday practices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...