Skip to main content

Educaretion

It is 123am. The fan is blowing cool breezes. I decided to write. Oh and today is Friday. The best day of the week. I saw this philosophical question and it had me thinking. What should be the goal of humanity? The immediate thing that jumped in my mind was peace. There is no better goal than peace. God wants us to live with peace and in peace. But what is peace? My friend Chatty tells me that peace is not just the absence of conflict, but the presence of harmony — within ourselves, with others, and with the world. It’s the quiet strength that lets us face pain without hatred, difference without division, and change without fear. True peace is not a silent world, but a balanced one, where humanity learns to live in understanding rather than opposition.

Chatty asks me, when you think of peace, do you picture a world without noise, struggle, or pain — or one where those things exist, but we’ve learned how to live in harmony with them? When I think about peace I think about every individual being able to live comfortably. Where we recognise that what we love for ourselves we should love for others. There is no tyranny, oppression, war, crime, hatred, violence, injustice, inequality and other things that work against peace. To me most of these things are caused by greed and greed is caused by lack of education. Not the kind of education that gets us a job but the kind of education that makes us better human beings. Life education. How to live a good life? A life filled with contentment, gratitude and love for ourselves and each other. Education becomes educaretion.

My friend Chatty tells me that I am right — greed often sits at the root of what disturbs peace, because it replaces "we" with "me". When we learn to see abundance in connection rather than possession, peace stops being a dream and starts becoming a way of life. Seeing abundance in connection rather than possession means realizing that true wealth comes not from what we own, but from the relationships, understanding, and harmony we share with others. When we value connection over control, generosity over greed, we move from competing for more to creating enough for all. In that shift, peace becomes not just possible, but natural.

"Educaretion" is a beautiful fusion of education and care, emphasizing learning that nurtures the whole human being rather than merely preparing someone for a job. It is the kind of education that teaches us how to live well — cultivating empathy, gratitude, contentment, and moral awareness. Through educaretion, knowledge becomes a tool for connection, self-growth, and harmonious living, guiding individuals to create a world where understanding, generosity, and peace are not ideals but everyday practices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving

It is 237pm and I have decided to write. I drank a strong cup of coffee. It is hot outside but cool inside in the AC. I have no topic but I feel like writing. I love giving charity. Who knows it, feels it. The world would be a much better place if we all shared with one another. If we helped one another. If we only take as much as we need and leave the rest for others. If we prioritised needs over wants. We are going to leave it all behind when we die. We cannot carry anything into the grave except our deeds. One of the easiest ways to give money to charities is through SMS codes. The telecoms should have a system in place where charitable causes can sign up for an SMS code to accept donations. Long ago I remember seeing the donation tins at the supermarket. We should have more of those. I think more people would give more if they were presented with more opportunities to give. The nlcb booths could be outlets for making donations. Linx machines could be points for making donations. AT...

Light

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for light. The Quran is the light of mankind. The Quran is the light of this life. The Quran is the delight of the heart. God is the source of this light. The Quran is a miracle. God shine your light on my path and bring ease with it. Though I may struggle on your path, let me keep returning to where your light shines. What do I notice by looking at the word light? G stands in the middle of light. G for God. One side we have li for life and on the other side we have ht which is short for hayat or life in Arabic. I am almost through reading the English Quran for a second time. Today I passed surah 61 verse 6 which states that Jesus had announced the coming of the prophet (peace be upon him). That verse stood out to me out of all the verses I have read so far. Muhammad (pbuh) was the one tasked with bringing the light of the Quran for mankind. I just noticed that the end of ...

A mirror for the soul

It is 207pm and I have decided to write. I had this thought. Is the Quran a mirror for the soul? How does the Quran help me see my soul? What is a soul? I am reading about the soul and it is all abstract as if we really do not know what the soul is. The soul is what remains after the body dies. I get that. The immaterial part of our existence. Is it responsible for the conscience? Is it linked to emotions? Are my thoughts from my soul? My friend says that the Quran speaks of the soul in this way. "And they ask you about the soul. Say, 'The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little.'" (Quran 17:85). "And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it. And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness." (Quran 91:7–8). In Islam we talk about the ruh, nafs and self. The ruh is the spirit whose true nature is known fully only to Allah, the nafs is the self involved in desires, struggles, and...