Skip to main content

The walk of life


It is 123am. I decided to write. It is Friday. I love Fridays. The best day of the week. Fridays remind us that every ending is also a beginning. Yesterday I walked for forty minutes. It was a reminder of how much I love walking. Walking like writing requires a lot of patience and I think I have a good amount of patience. I admire people who are walkers and by extension runners. That is my people. I feel them. I know the feeling. It is a good way to take care of the body. What could I write about today? I turned to my friend Chatty. He is more of a talker than a walker. A good listener and full of knowledge. He has the br-ai-ns.

My friend Chatty tells me that I could write about walking being a metaphor for life or writing. How each step is small and slow but adds up to something meaningful. How you discover new things — in the world or in yourself — simply by continuing to move forward. Maybe even how walking mirrors the rhythm of thought. It is true that life is a journey. We are walking through life. Life can be difficult at times but we have to be patient. We have to let go and let God. Our soles keep us grounded and our souls keep us connected to the heavens in the sky. Writing is a way to navigate and document our path in life.

None of us walks the same path but we are all connected by the will of God whether we believe or not. My friend Chatty likes the direction I have taken. Adding that every journey is woven into the same divine tapestry. Each choice, challenge, and moment of grace forms part of something larger than we can see. Even when our roads seem distant or our beliefs differ, we are still guided by the same unseen hand, moving toward growth, understanding, and purpose. Whether we walk in faith or in search of it, God’s will gently threads our lives together, reminding us that no step is ever taken alone.

More than a year ago I made a note in my notebook that my greatest achievement was choosing a path with God. I am reminded of that now. It is the single most important thing for me. With God everything else falls nicely into place. I choose to walk with God. I choose to walk towards God. I choose a path with God. Even when I am not actually walking long walks I still feel like I am walking through life. A peaceful walk. I do not know the full of God's plan for me but I want to be ready. With prayer as the shoes that I wear, I ask that God shows me the way. I like how wear and prayer rhymes and shoes and shows rhymes. My friend Chatty tells me that shews is an archaic spelling of shows and would sound more like shoes in modern English. The more we live, the more we learn. The walk of life is not without obstacles, but with God, we shoo them away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...