Skip to main content

Kindance

It is 250am and I have decided to write. Today is Friday. Fridays are the best days of the week. Of course I do not have a topic to write about. I was scrolling through facebook and one post said "In any season we can always plant kindness". Then a nearby post said "My Lord has always been kind to me". It is nice to give and receive kindness and do not forget to be kind to yourself. Imagine if kindness was actually kindance like guidance. My friend Chatty says that if kindness were kindance, it would be more than a good deed — it would be a gentle form of guidance. Kindance would lead the heart toward compassion, encourage goodness without force, and show that sometimes the softest acts can point us in the strongest direction.

I was scrolling through youtube and I came across a video that said that "Life has always been unfair". That is one way to look at it. Another way is to consider that this life is just a test and stepping stone for the other life. Maybe in the next life it would not seem so unfair afterall. We are all different. We are all being tested differently. Only God can measure our blessings and trials. God is not going to be unfair to us. God has no reason to be unfair to us. His wisdom is beyond ours. His timing is beyond our understanding. What looks like a trial today may reveal itself as a blessing tomorrow.

From unfair to fear. I was scrolling through instagram and I stopped at this, "So do not fear the people, fear Me [Allah]." I used to wonder why I should fear God. I love God. I respect God but I do not want to associate fear with God. But it makes sense now. The same way I am a slave to God so I do not have to be a slave to this world. If I fear God then I do not have to fear this world or the people of this world. I like how I am allowing myself to be open to God's guidance. God will show us what He needs to show us, exactly when He wants us to see it. I did not want fear of God to lead me away from God. But fear of God is now me giving my fears to God. Letting go and letting God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...