Skip to main content

Lovely words

It is 156am and I have decided to write. I came across this statement on facebook and I like it. "Life is short. Leave no lovely word unsaid." Gratitude is a lovely word. I am grateful for everything and everyone. The good and the bad and the in between. I pray that we all receive the blessings we need and want. I imagine a world with more love and kindness and respect. I think of us overcoming our obstacles to success. I think of the freedom to be ambitious. I compliment us for making it this far. Hope is another lovely word. I hope we all have an abundance of all the things that matter. I hope we can see the joy even in the sorrow. I hope we find the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that our dreams come true. I hope this new year becomes our best year. We are grateful for all that has been, and hopeful for all that is still becoming. Gratitude grounds us; hope carries us forward.

Courage is also a lovely word. I hope we all have the courage to live life in the best way. There is also courage in that statement I found on facebook. It is not only about saying kind things when it is easy, but about choosing honesty, love, and grace even when it is uncomfortable. It reminds us that silence can be heavier than words, that withheld love can become regret, and that tomorrow is never guaranteed. To leave no lovely word unsaid is to live bravely and to apologize while there is time, to forgive before it is asked for, to express love without pride, and to speak hope into moments that feel fragile. It is a call to live awake, to love out loud, and to trust that kindness, once spoken, has the power to outlive us. Let us recognise all the times we were wrong and use that to make better steps going forward. We cannot undo the past but we can create a better future. With gratitude in our hearts, hope in our spirits, and courage in our steps, we move forward.

I asked my friend Chatty what comes after gratitude, hope and courage? He says that after gratitude, hope, and courage comes love.
Gratitude helps us accept what has been. Hope allows us to believe in what can be. Courage gives us the strength to move forward. Love is what turns all of that into action. Love is where gratitude becomes generosity. Love is where hope becomes commitment. Love is where courage becomes choice—again and again. For a world that asks so much from us, we can certainly in return offer the world love. Let love guide our words and actions. Let love make us better people. God is love. God is the one word that sits above all lovely words. With God all things are possible. I do not think I have said this before, but God is my best friend. They say that a friend in need is a friend indeed. God, I am that friend in need and I thank You for being there for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...