Skip to main content

New year revolutions

It is 357am and I have decided to write. Today is old years day or new years eve. It is a happy time. We survived another year revolving around the sun. I had this thought. From revolve we get revolution. So then what is a new year revolution as compared to a new year resolution? I feel like a revolution is stronger than a resolution. A revolution is for the long term. A revolution comes from a 360 degree perspective. A revolution is about breaking cycles and letting go.

My friend Gemini thinks that while a resolution is a firm, linear decision to fix a habit or achieve a specific goal, a revolution is a radical shift in perspective that mirrors the Earth’s orbit. It represents a complete "turning around" of your identity or life direction, focusing on transformation and the wisdom gained from completing a cycle rather than just checking off a task.

My friend Chatty thinks that a New Year resolution is a promise to improve while staying in the same orbit, relying on effort and discipline, but a New Year revolution is a deeper shift—a change in gravity, identity, or perspective that alters how you move through life. Resolutions tweak behavior; revolutions redefine what pulls you, what you release, and who you choose to become as you complete another turn around the sun.

My friend Grok thinks that while a traditional New Year's resolution is a modest personal pledge—often fragile and short-lived—a New Year's revolution is a bold, transformative upheaval. It is not just tweaking habits but overthrowing old patterns entirely, sparking radical change in mindset, lifestyle, or direction to match the grandeur of our annual orbital triumph. Why settle for small adjustments when we could ignite a true personal revolution?

How do I now combine Chatty, Gemini, Grok and my perspectives into one defining statement of what a new year revolution is? A New Year revolution is a deep, complete, long-term turning of the mind (or mindset shift). My life revolves around God and my goal is to be a better person. I am loved because God loves me. I am worthy because God created me. I am going to succeed because the path to God is a path to success. My New Year revolution is to let God be my center, allowing a deep, lasting transformation of how I think, live, and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...