Skip to main content

Paths of peace

It is 528am and I am writing. The forecast says we will have possible bad rainy weather today. I do not mind the rainy part of it. The bad part I do not like. I went back to sleep and woke up. The rain is falling small small. It is 830am. It is 940am. It is wet outside. I still have not decided what to write about. Sometimes I think about starting back my tech blogging. Maybe just one or two blog posts. What is happening in the tech world? Google tells me there is a global shortage of memory chips. I used to be excited about tech. Times have changed. I have changed. The world has changed. Change is the only constant. I just noticed that "el google" is a palindrome. I also had a thought. Dragons are mystical. Imagine if dragons were real?

It is 318am. The morning is quiet. It is 311am the next morning. I still have not decided what to write. I love when my mind is quiet. I love when I am not overthinking. I love when I can gently guide my thoughts. I love when nothing bothers me. I love my happy go lucky self. I think God loves that for me also. I opened the Quran app and went looking and found this verse (surah 5 verse 16*) - "God guides those who seek His pleasure to paths of peace, [always]* bringing them from darkness to light and guiding them to a straight path." What is a path of peace? Why is there multiple paths of peace but one singular straight path?

My friend Chatty tells me that "paths of peace" in the verse refers to the many different ways God brings a person toward calm, clarity, and inner serenity — because peace appears in many forms and everyone’s journey begins in a different place. But "the straight path" is singular because all those small moments of peace ultimately guide a person toward one unified direction: a life aligned with truth, goodness, and closeness to God. In other words, there are many gentle doorways into peace, but they all lead to the same deeper, clear path of purpose.

This reminds me of something I watched last night before I fell asleep. Ramanujan found a way to describe the sum of all positive integers as -1/12. It is convergent when we would normally see it as divergent. There are infinitely many positive integers. I cannot help but think that there is some link to what I have written. I am thinking that there are infinitely many paths to peace but one (1) straight path (12). There are 12 letters in the phrase "straight path". All the "paths of peace" (12 letters also) converge to one straight path to God.

*verse 16+5 = 21 which is the mirror of 12

*The translation I found is 6 letters short of 112 letters. I like the use of always to make up the 6 letters because it is also all ways for all paths.

*1/12 is ¼ of ⅓ (1+1+2=4 and 1+2=3)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...