Skip to main content

We are explorers

It is 215pm and I have decided to write. I had this question. What does God really want from us? Then I remember that God does not need us, we need God. What I am really wanting to ask is why create us, why life, why test us, why the mystery? Why not? It is human nature to ask questions. No matter how much we know, we will ask questions. We are always looking for reasons. We are always looking. We are always seeking. We are explorers. We could have been anything but God chose for us to be explorers. There is joy in exploring. There is joy in discovery. There is joy in not knowing. What I have arrived at is a reminder. Appreciate the now. Appreciate what is. Appreciate that one day things will make sense but for now we get to live. To live, to learn and to laugh.

I like this quote by Frank Borman that I found, "Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." If there was nothing to explore we would be static. There would be no movement. There would be no existence. Existence is moving from one thing to the other. I just had a thought. It is impossible to have everything. If you have everything then you do not have want and need. And that is why we do not have all the answers. It is impossible. For every answer there are many more questions. There are more questions than answers. Only God has all the answers and we cannot be God. God cannot create another God. So maybe the mystery is just a necessity. God can give us some things but he cannot give us everything.

We often are told that life is a give and take. You win some and you lose some. We have to take the good with the bad. We have to take the knowing with the not knowing. But does that mean that heaven cannot be perfect? That we gain something but lose something? Maybe that is it. Heaven is everything. Heaven is appreciating everything. No matter where God takes us. Heaven is a journey and not a destination. Heaven has no start and no finish and all of this (life) is part of the journey of heaven. We are and will always be explorers of heaven (EOH). I just looked at the word GOD and noticed that H is the next letter from G and E is the next letter from D. EOH (explorers of heavens) is two steps away from GOD. O is at the center of EOH and GOD and explorers. Keep moving. Keep taking two steps. Keep exploring. Keep walking with God and towards God. Do not wait for heaven to live like it is heaven. We have won when we live in the now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...