Skip to main content

Internet Options In Trinidad and Tobago

The following is a listing of internet options in Trinidad and Tobago that I am aware of as of 6 JUL 2021. This is a work in progress. If you know of others please leave comments. Best if viewed on desktop browser. If you are using a mobile browser, select desktop site from the menu.

CompanyTypeCommentsLink
FLOWDigital CableFibre to the node and then coaxial cable to the home. Only in digital ready areas in Trinidad. No contract required.website
Digicel PlayFTTHFibre to the home. Around a few years now. TV and landline service also available.website
Bmobile BroadbandLTEAvailable in Trinidad and Tobago. 5G is in the works and 5G fixed wireless broadband was demoed on 4 DEC 2019.website
AmpliaFTTHFormerly Massy Internet and now Amplia and under bmobile.website
Bmobile4G HSPA+ and Mobile LTESIM card devices and cellphones.website
Digicel4G HSPA+ and Mobile LTESIM card devices, cellphones and USB sticks.website
Air LinkDigital CableSmaller ISP catering to some areas in south.website
GreendotWireless BroadbandTrinidad only. External antenna in line of sight. Installation cost separate and less with contract.website
RVR InternationalDigital CableBased in Rio Claro. Website is down (rvrnetworks.com). Don't know if still operating.fb page
Diversified Technologies LimitedCable internetSmaller ISP catering to the Penal area. Website is down (diversifiedtechltd.com). Don't know if still operating.website
Novo CommunicationsFTTHSmaller ISP serving a few areas in south.website
Lisa CommunicationsDSL and WimaxBusiness and residential customers.website
Carib-LinkDSLFor business customers only. Don't know if still operating.website
TTWIFIWIFI hotspotsAvailable at select locations across the country.website
Flow FSpotsWIFI hotspotsAvailable at select locations across the country. Similar TSTT BZones and Digicel Hotspots has been discontinued.website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...