My love for walking



The above photo was taken on a walk back home in Cunupia in 2017. I love walking. For reasons, it has been a few years since I stopped long distance (5km to 15km) walking. One day I will start again. On Runkeeper I have 2509 km recorded but there has been more that has not been recorded.

When I lived in El Socorro I would walk to the Aranguez Savannah, make 7 laps and then walk back to El Socorro. Those who regularly walked around the Aranguez Savannah could recognise each other. Aranguez Savannah is peaceful and green and serene. It is wide open and sometimes breezy. If you live next to this savannah or any savannah, you are lucky.

When I stayed at my uncle's place in Tobago I had several routes. I walked from Sou Sou Lands to Mt Irvine, Tobago Plantation, Little Rockly, Store Bay or Scarborough. Tobago is quiet and relaxing. When I land in Tobago all my problems disappear.

In Cunupia my routes are linked to the different grounds that I can walk to. Wilderness grounds, Munroe Rd grounds, Stalagnite grounds, Dyette Estate park and the grounds next to the Cunupia health center. There are many back roads to explore in Cunupia. I would walk with my birding camera. I remember trying to photo the elusive red and black tanager.

There are many benefits to walking. Walking is healthy. Walking is fun. Walking is good for the environment. Walking is good for the mind, body and spirit. I love walking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the end of the internet?

Why does the Earth hum?

What is an equation for life?

Where does this door lead?

What book do I write next?