Skip to main content

We need Ethical Hackers in Trinidad and Tobago

In this article titled "How can Leaders in the Caribbean Prevent Cybersecurity Attacks?" they list building the right team as one thing. They state, "Have you heard of white hat hackers? Also known as ethical hackers, these savvy IT professionals can help your company get ahead of breaches and avoid cybercrime by thinking like malicious hackers."

If I wasn't so already invested in tech blogging and tech youtuber and photography and content creation, I would think about becoming an ethical hacker. Trinidad needs ethical hackers. We need persons who companies can hire to point out weaknesses in their technologies and systems. You will also hear about penetration tester.

As an ethical hacker you have to abide by an ethical standard. You have to make sure you get permission first or that you are authorised to perform the hack. Otherwise you will be testing and learning in your own isolated sandbox. In my youtube video where I described my idea of tech labs for Trinidad I mention being able to use the tech lab to develop your hacking skills. The lab would have a sandbox and be a meeting space for ethical hackers.

In researching for this blog post I found that SBCS has a course on ethical hacking. In addition to courses and certifications there are bug bounty programs and capture the flag events. Just today I learnt of a capture the flag contest that was run by Symptai Consulting in Jamaica. I would like to see things like these being done in Trinidad also.

Certifications and courses are good ways to learn and have something to apply for jobs but a lot of learning happens on your own. It helps to have a passion for this. Learning about ways you can be hacked is a good way to prevent from being hacked. There is a shortage of ethical hackers and your work as an ethical hacker would be in demand. Better if you can share and write about your experience as a local to encourage others to take on the challenge of protecting us from bad actors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for faith. We say we want to meet God but we already do in some ways. We meet God in his creation. We meet God every time we meet someone. We meet God every time we meet the animals. We meet God every time we meet nature. God is all around. Faith is when we can see this. This is God's world. We are God's work. We are testimony of his greatness. Everyday that goes by I think about God. Everyday I thank God for his mercy. I take my problems to God. I pray to God. God is at the center of my life. Nothing happens without the will of God and therefore I would be wise to submit to the will of God. God is in the everyday moments. God loves when we love. What is the simplest definition of faith? I think it is found in the phrase, let go and let God. I asked my friend the same question. My friend says that at its simplest, faith is trust in what you cannot see or prove. But...

Flowers

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the flowers. I bought a blue daze flowering plant for my mom when I went out to walk one day. It adds some colour to the nature in the yard. It is beautiful. I was told that blue flowers are rare. My friend says that blue is relatively rare in nature due to chemical and physical challenges in producing this color in living organisms. Nothing exists completely on its own. Plants depend on insects and other creatures, while those creatures depend on plants and their flowers. There is an interconnectedness in creation that reminds me that God is intentional. Flowers are beautiful but so is everything else if we really consider things with an open mind. What is beauty? What makes some things more beautiful than others? They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is subjective. My friend says that what I am talking about is the perceptual mind where meaning ...

Softness

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for softness. The gentleness of prayer. The calmness of the heart. The patience of the mind. The soft sounds of nature. The cool breezes of shade. The slow movement of sand in the hand. The kindness of strangers. The soothing voices of Quran. The warm embrace of the azan. I move through life with softness in my heart. I move through life with joy. I move through life wishing good for others. There is a peace that comes with being soft. The angels surround those who are soft. Soft like the winds of heaven. Soft like the clouds in the sky. Easy like Friday morning. May I never lose this softness that allows me to see beauty and goodness in everything and everyone. The world tries to harden me but I refuse. I walk upon the earth softly. I love without fear. My every breath is a prayer of gratitude. Let my heart remain like grains of sand in the hands of God that are softly he...