Skip to main content

Samsung A14 review - Bought from Courts Chaguanas in Trinidad

I also recorded this on my youtube channel - https://youtu.be/e4kBD6R5DAE

Also check out my other blog posts - Photos taken with Samsung A14 and Photos of new phone

Good night Trinidad and the rest of the internet. This is my review of the Samsung A14. I won a $1000 gift voucher from a dad joke contest and I used it to buy this phone. It cost $1099 at Courts and it was the last one from the display at the Chaguanas branch. The internet says that this is Samsung's best selling phone. I got an A14 on the 14th (valentines day) and thats a neat coincidence.

The first thing I did was added the phone to my wifi network. Then I did a factory data reset. I then added my accounts and installed the apps I wanted. I am still going through the settings. I now have two phones. My other phone is a 5 year old M30. I wish I could sync my alarms between both phones. Does anyone know how this could be done?

I like that it supports 15W fast charging. I like that it is compatible with the Colour Bank app unlike my old phone. Android 13 is probably why. App switching is faster than the old phone and overall the phone performs better than the M30. I did an update and I am now running One UI Core 6. 128 gigs is plenty of builtin storage for the price. Modes and routines could be useful. Maintenance mode is useful.

I think better quality megapixels is better than more megapixels. Other than that it is a budget phone and you do get what you pay for and so to me it does not make sense to criticise the phone too much. What I would like to see more than specs is that this phone lasts me about 5 years like my other phone. This has been my first impressions and I am ready to recommend this phone for the price. A lot of places have it cheaper now and mines came with 1 year warranty. Another phone to look at is the A05 which was released in October and I am seeing more and more of in local ads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...