Smart

This is a chapter from my seventh book called Bookeh - Through the lens of a Trinidadian photog


It is 214 pm on Saturday and I decide to write. Am I smart? Are you smart? Are we smart? Is the world getting smarter? And I do not mean by book smarts only. There is street smarts and common sense. Think about everyday sensible things. I see the conflict and wars in the world and then decide without a doubt that we are not smart. The hunger and poverty. The injustices. The hate. The fight to survive. Not things we can smile about. The e-art-h is our canvas. We are smart when the art that humanity creates by our actions gives us things to smile about. Smile plus art equals smart. Each human action adds a tile to our mosaic if the history of humanity was a mosaic. Would we not want our mosaic to be filled with peaces of kindness, love and goodness. Tiles that give us smiles.

My friend Chatty tells me that my reflections touch on deep truths about human nature and society. As I see the word nature I am reminded that there is a,r and t in nature. While we possess intelligence in various forms, our actions often reveal the complexity of our understanding. The contradictions of innovation and suffering highlight that true wisdom lies in how we apply our knowledge to foster kindness and justice. If humanity's mosaic were to be filled with compassion and creativity, it could indeed transform our collective experience into something worth smiling about. How do you think we can better contribute to that mosaic?

It st-art-s with me and you. Each one of us has a p-art to play in the art that we create for the future. When I write, I do so with good intentions. I want my writing to imp-art positive change in myself and my readers. I want my words to touch he-art-s and minds. I notice that there are many words that contain the word art in them. We are surrounded by art. Our creation is a work of art by the Greatest Artist. I like this quote that I found by Peter Kreeft. "We are artists, because God is." God will judge us by the art that we create. I saw a poster online that pretty much sums it up for me and this chapter. It says, "Make smart choices in your life". This also reads as "Make art your life" if we looked at it more closely and deeply.

*Modern art or more-than art?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up

Rain

My Year In New York from 2002 to 2003

Regulating OTT Services in Trinidad and Tobago