Skip to main content

Cheesy

This is a chapter from my eight book called Learn to live

Today I learnt from twitter then Word Hippo that in specific contexts the plural of pizza is pizze. Ordinarily the plural is pizzas but not always. But is this true in English? I learnt that in Italian the plural of pizza is pizze. Word Hippo says that the plural form can be pizze [in English] (rare), for example in reference to various types of pizze or a collection of pizze. It is a loan word. But they did not give any sentence use examples. My friend Gemini was able to give me an example, "At the restaurant, we offer a variety of pizze, including Margherita, pepperoni, and veggie." I guess we could be saying the pizze menu or I might ask the pizzaiolo what types of pizze do you serve? My mind has me thinking. What other words have double z in them? There are quite a few of them. Would be cool if these were known as buzzwords. I tried to be funny but ended up being fuzzy. My favorite z word is zen for calm, quiet and peace. And I found the most curious word that contains zen three times and the most z's. It is the obsolete word zenzizenzizenzic. Back in the day, they used it to show a number multiplied by itself eight times.

I also read that the plural of cheese can be either cheese or cheeses, depending on whether it's used as an uncountable or countable noun. So what is an uncountable and countable noun? Apple is a countable noun because you can count it. Whereas air and water is uncountable. This has me thinking, what interesting culinary plurals are there. Weird ones. Ones that we might not have heard of before. For example octopi is the plural of octopus. I guess if you made Octopus pizza you could call it octopie. Maybe octopie could be an eight piece pizza. There is that number eight again. Eight like ate. Like I ate the pizza. Speaking of pieces. Pezzi which is an anagram of pizze and is the Italian word for pieces. Paz is the Spanish word for peace and pazza is the Italian word for insane. So a crazy idea could be to create world peace with pizza. Easy peasy right? Or should I say cheesy peasy? Or should I say easy peacey. Make pizza, not war. Welcome to my pizza parlour called Gazza Pizza. Treat yourself to a peace of pizza. A pizza treaty. A peace treaty. Let us ate (pizza) instead of hate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...