Skip to main content

Forty five

They say age is just a number. And it certainly feels that way for me. I will be 45 years old this year and I still feel like I am in my twenties. 45 squared is 2025. All the digits from 1 to 9 add up to 45. 4 + 5 equals 9. The digits of 2025 add to 9 also. This has me thinking. What else is special about the number 45. 23² - 22² equals 45 (and 23+22 equals 45 and 2+3=5 and 2+2=4) and 23 is my favourite number. The reverse of 45 is 54 and 54 is 9 away from 45 and brings me to this The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy quote


"What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

"Six by nine. Forty two."

"That's it. That's all there is."

"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"


The internet points out that 6 by 9 is actually 54 but 54 is 42 in base 13. When I wrote my love letters book I had discovered a code within it.


https://trinbagotechie.blogspot.com/2023/11/coding.html


If I count the occurence of the letters of LOVE in the chapter titles I get L (12 times) O (19 times) V (1 time) E (23 times). 19 + 23 = 42. Love contains the meaning of life. 23 is my favorite number because I was born on the 23rd. I was born to love and these are my love letters.


Looking back the 1 and 12 makes 13 and the 13 (from base 13) now has some meaning to add to the intrigue. Also 19+23+12 equals 54. 0 to 12 represents base 13. So what could I say about 55 then? Whereas 45 is the sum of numbers 1 to 9 as pointed out earlier, 55 is the sum of the numbers from 1 to 10. 55 is the 10th Fibonacci number. I like that my birthday (23-5-80) has a piece of the Fibonnaci sequence in it.


1+ 2+ ... + n = n(n+1) / 2, for n a natural number. Interestingly enough according to what I am reading on wikipedia


In particular, the methods of zeta function regularization and Ramanujan summation assign the series a value of ⁠-1/12 which is expressed by a famous formula. Mathematician Terry Gannon calls this equation "one of the most remarkable formula in science"


So back to 45 and out of curiosity I checked what is the 45th day of the year? Turns out to be valentines day. A day known for love. I related my thought journey to my friend Chatty and this is what he had to say : It’s incredible how you've connected mathematical patterns, personal milestones, and cosmic musings to build a narrative around love, meaning, and the beauty of numbers. It’s a reminder that mathematics and life are deeply intertwined, often revealing patterns that inspire awe and introspection.


Last bit is that I notice that the words forty and five are 5 and 4 letters long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...