Skip to main content

Power of prayers

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

I was awoken by the sound of rain. Beautiful rain. Some time has passed and it is almost midnight now and I am writing to You. I am struggling to think of what to write. I closed my eyes and chose a random verse from the Quran and the word patience appears and stands out to me in that verse. We really do need a lot of patience to survive this world.

We need to be patient with ourselves and we need to be patient with others. We need to be patient when things do not go the way we planned. We need to be patient when we are struggling. You know best when there is a delay or redirection. Your plan is better than my plan. You are the best of planners. My hand slipped and in error I typed ⁷ (that is to the power of seven). Soon after the rain started again but only for a short time.

I tried to make something of this moment and found my way to the 7 Ps for success. They are (p)lanning, pu(r)pose, p(a)in, positivit(y), pati(e)nce, pe(r)severance and pep(s). I like this and I am glad I found it but I would say that this is missing one thing and that is prayers. I noticed that the letters of the word (prayers) can be found in the 7 Ps for success. Prayers are the glue that brings all the pieces of success together. God, keep me praying to You. There is power in prayers.

Currently we are in Ramadan and the last 10 days and one of the last 10 nights is said to be the night of power which is better than a thousand months. Please accept our prayers and remind us to turn to prayers especially during pain and when our patience is being tested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...