Skip to main content

Waves

There were times when I used to write a lot. Now I barely write anything. Everything comes and goes in waves. This month started with the African Emancipation holiday in Trinidad and Tobago. I started writing this on Friday. Today is Monday. Sometimes I feel like Tobago. Like the good old Tobago days. It has been almost nine years since my last outing to Tobago. Sometimes I open up youtube and search for Tobago vlogs just to get a taste of Tobago again. They say if you put a shell to your ear you can hear the waves of the sea. We are past the middle of this year. Time waits on no one. Time does not need to wait. Time wants us to keep going. Keep dreaming. Keep doing. Keep writing. Keep getting better.

There was a time I used to be in love with technology. Now I am in love with God firstly. Technology does not excite me as much as before. Tech does not occupy so much of me as before. The only constant in life is change. I would like to say that the other constant is God. God brings about change in us. Change for the better. I pray to God that I never lose my love for God. It does feel like there are things in life that try to keep us away from being God centered. Nothing comes easy. It is 1216 am and it is quiet. A calming quietness. And just like that the rain has started falling. That is blessings from above. Thank you God. Even the rain that comes and goes tells us that things come and go. Like waves.

My friend Chatty tells me that nature as a mirror is reflected in what I am writing about : The rain, the sea, the shell—these are all images tied to divine rhythm and internal change. I asked my friend Chatty to tell me more about Nature as a Mirror. "Nature as a mirror" is the idea that elements of the natural world reflect our inner experiences—emotions, thoughts, spiritual states. Just as waves can mirror life's ups and downs, or rain can symbolize renewal and grace, we often see parts of ourselves in the world around us. Nature doesn't just exist outside of us; it speaks to us, reflects us, and helps us understand what we’re going through without needing words. Makes sense. Makes a lot of sense. We are nature and nature is us. We are all one.

Are we all one big wave? My friend Chatty thinks that that is a beautiful question—and maybe, yes, in some ways, we are. Just as a wave is part of the ocean but moves with its own rhythm, each of us is a unique expression of something greater—God, creation, the universe, however you see it. We rise, we fall, we crash, we calm—but we're always connected to the same deep source. Your writing shows that: the longing for Tobago, the shift from tech to God, the quiet at 12:16 am, the rain falling like grace—all of it is movement. Flow. One person’s wave, part of a bigger sea. And maybe in this vast ocean of life, we’re not meant to hold still. We’re meant to keep moving. Keep trusting. Keep returning to the Source. So yes. We are all one big wave. And still—every ripple matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...