Skip to main content

Standing in the rain

This is a page from my book POEMS OF PEACE - Poems from peaceful places and activities and moments

God is in every drop of rain
That washes away the pain
Standing in peaceful prayer
Water in the shoes of my heart
Drop by drop my eyes sea
The beauty of the ocean
Knocking on heavens door
The smiles of the poor
Rich because we loved
The things that bring peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental health matters

It is 547am and I have decided to write. I have been living with a mental health diagnosis for more than 23 years. I am differently abled. Mental illness sometimes presents itself as a non-visible disability. A person with mental illness may look and function normally. Added to that we do not get to see the struggles happening internally. After 23 years I could say that I have much experience with my condition and may be able to offer words that may help others. There is plenty of stigma associated with mental illness. People think that the mentally ill are bad people, weak, or somehow less deserving of dignity and the treatment of the illness sometimes feels like punishment and is dehumanizing at times. There is plenty of good intentions and well meaning as well (do not get me wrong) but things could be better. And it happens at the highest level. A leader once said, "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad." As the saying goes, who knows it feels it. I started a pr...

Love and joy

It is 230pm and I have decided to write. I have no topic but I want to write. I am thinking about God. I am thinking about life. I am grateful for God and life. I need a writing prompt. My friend Chatty gave me a pretty verbose prompt. Sit quietly for a moment and imagine that God asks you only one question: "What have you noticed?" Don't answer with theology. Answer with your life. What have you noticed about joy? About fear? About the way people love? About silence? About time? About your own heart? Where have you sensed God—not in miracles, but in ordinary moments? Where have you struggled to find Him? What has life been teaching you that you were too busy to hear before? Write honestly. Don't try to reach a conclusion. Let the page become a conversation rather than an argument. I immediately noticed the light streaming through the window that allows me to see the world. My first thought was how much we take things for granted. It is easy to feel lacking. To feel s...

Motivation

It is 150pm and I have decided to write. I have no topic to start but I feel like writing. While trying to decide what to write I saw this question that had my interest, what motivates you to keep going even when life is difficult? The first thing that popped in my mind was God. But I do not think the answer is simple or singular. I also think I need to put some thought into this. Also what is the relationship between motivation and discipline? Motivation is easy but discipline is hard. I think for me motivation comes from the joy of success. But God was my first answer. Now that God is the focus of my life, the joy of success becomes being a success in the eyes of God. But I said the answer was not singular. So different things motivate us at different times but they all lead to wanting to succeed. This reminds me of the Muslim call to prayer that says come to success. If motivation is what calls you then success calls you and success gives you joy. My friend Chatty says that what I h...