Skip to main content

Thoughts - Blog Post #555

It is 350am and I have decided to write. This is the 555th blog post on this space. That is a good amount of writing. This has been my journey in writing. It has been an enjoyable journey. It has been a learning journey. I am passionate about writing. Words have power. Writing is like gardening. Each idea is a seed. Each blog post is a plant. This is my garden. Why do writers write? My friend Chatty says that writers write to understand themselves and the world, to remember, to connect, and to give shape to thoughts that refuse to stay silent. Writing helps make sense of chaos, preserves meaning, and offers companionship across time and distance. For many, it is both a joy and a necessity—a way of planting ideas and trusting that something meaningful will grow.

I was thinking. The idea that we need money to be happy is a struggle for all of us. Does money buy happiness? I say no because that would mean we would not know how to be happy without money. Our happiness would be linked to how much money we have. That is a sad state of affairs. Money is just needed for survival and living. True happiness comes from peace of mind and contentment from a life with God. We have to be careful that we end up on a road where the more money we have, the more money we want. We keep inventing things to do with our money. The best thing you can do when you have plenty of money is to give it away to those who need it more than you. Much of today's problems are caused by greed. If happiness is linked to money we end up chasing money. If happiness is linked to doing good deeds we end up chasing a life with God and that is worth more than all the money in the world.

It is now 1111am on Sunday. I am thinking about the upcoming new year. I am reflecting on the past year. I am thinking about ways I can make things better. We all struggle. No one has it easy. Life is short. I am grateful that I can look beyond the struggles. I am grateful that I can see all the positives. I am motivated to be a good person in the sight of God. I know my worth. I understand my potential. I have some amount of maturity and wisdom to work with. I am looking forward to Ramadan, my favorite time of the year. I like writing when it makes my soul richer. I like when the words just flow. I think about the sky and how the clouds move effortlessly through the sky. I see God. God is a good God. God wants good for us. There is no power greater than God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...