Skip to main content

Today

It is 213pm and I have decided to write. God is good. Obviously. God is beautiful. God made me smile. God is what we think of God. We are what we think. Better to think good things. What are some good thoughts? The rain brings joy to the plants. Time dances. The birds sing beautifully. I am happy. A cup of love to warm the soul. Peace and quiet on a Friday afternoon. The light rests gently on everything. Think of all the good things. Think of one good thing. What is the most beautiful thought? God is here and I am here and that is enough. I can do all things through God. The most beautiful thought is one of contentment. I appreciate the now. I appreciate the moment. I am grateful to be where I am. It is no coincidence that God and gratitude both begin with the letter g. If I combine God and gratitude I get Goditude. I also notice that the word guide is contained in the word gratitude. Let gratitude be our guide. If I remove guide from Goditude, I am left with dot. Goditude is a dot with direction.

God → the whole, the source

Gratitude → the attitude that aligns you with it

Guide → the movement, the path

Dot → the present moment

When gratitude guides you, the present moment (the dot) is no longer random, it has direction. That is a meaningful idea. Not mystical wordplay for its own sake. It is pointing to something practical: gratitude changes how we move through the moment we are in. There is a dot in today. Today I choose to be happy. Today I choose to be good. Today I am grateful. Today is a good day. Today is all we have. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised. Today will become yesterday. Today was yesterday's tomorrow. Today I ask God to guide me. Today I praise God. Today I love God. I am a dot in today's world seeking God's direction. Do not be sad for what is not but be happy for what we got and we got God always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...