Skip to main content

God heals us

It is 924am and I have decided to write. God heals us. I wrote that today but what does that really mean? For one this world has the capacity to break us. Mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We can get sick. We can feel pain. We become broken. God says that for every illness there is a cure. God can heal us. I looked at the etymology of the word heal and this talks about making whole again. I asked my friend Chatty if this is related to wholesome and holistic?

He says that heal and wholesome are closely related because they both come from the old Germanic root meaning "whole" or "healthy" which also gave us words like health, hale and holy. Holistic is connected in meaning and ultimately derives from whole as well, but it is a modern term coined in the 20th century by Jan Smuts. Overall, all these words share the underlying idea of wholeness, completeness, and well-being.

Healing goes far beyond a simple physical cure for a symptom; its linguistic roots in wholeness, health, and holiness reveal that true recovery is about deep, interconnected restoration. When life breaks us mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually, God's promise of healing implies being made whole and complete again rather than just patched up. Because our minds, bodies, and spirits are entirely intertwined, this holistic perspective means that even when a physical body faces limitations, a person's core being and sacred worth can still be fully restored and aligned.

All these words have the letter H in common. I just noticed that the word ALLAH can be made from five H's. A is formed by squeezing the tops of the H together. H is H. The L's are formed by merging the left and right hand side and dropping the center. H looks like the side profile of an I-beam and the 5 H's reminds me of the 5 pillars of Islam. This led me to this posting - What are the Five Pillars of Islam: Keys To Holistic Health. It states that as a faith-based medical organization, their members encourage holistic healing that incorporates the Five Pillars of Islam. Aside from being essential acts of worship, they contribute to our mental or physical, and spiritual health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...