Skip to main content

Hope

This is a chapter from my latest book started called Room for one more.

[Room for one more is my latest book. It is me talking to God. It is me booking (pun intended) time with God. It is me knocking on heaven's door. Ultimately I am asking God if He has room for one more in heaven?]

Every believer hopes to get into heaven. From the word hope I see h for heaven and ope for open. Heaven is open. Hoping for something is enough motivation to keep going. To keep going through the ups and downs. To make the struggle worth it. God gave us hope. What is heaven? I imagine heaven to be the light at the end of the tunnel. The end of our pain. The end of our suffering. The end of our struggles. The end of all that is bad in this world. A place where all we know is happiness and joy. Heaven is our final resting place. I am using my own human terms and imagination to describe somewhere that is beyond human. We are taught that heaven is beyond our imagination. Is heaven even a place? All I can do is imagine and ask questions of God.

You know what I really hope but is counter to what we are taught? I hope that there is room for everyone in heaven. Life was hard for everyone. God can you make room for everyone in heaven? I know it is a big ask but it does not hurt me to ask does it? God, you taught me to like for others what I like for myself. I want love and mercy to win in the end. The path to heaven and the path to God is filled with em-path-y. I want heaven to be a place that this world could not be. A place for everyone to succeed. A place for everyone to win. There is some amount of good in all of us. I had to ask the question but at the end of the day I trust in Your wisdom and Your reasons.

Coming to think about it, there is so much that we do not know about heaven. Can we time travel in heaven? Is there technology in heaven? Is there teleportation? On Earth we aspire to get into heaven. What motivates us when we are in heaven? I am telling myself I want to go to heaven. I am hoping to go to heaven. But much of it remains a mystery. I mean anywhere is better than hell from what I read so that is enough reason to want to go to heaven. Can we redesign heaven? Can we build stuff in heaven? I mean Earth is a pretty decent place to be if there was only good. Life on Earth is pretty amazing without the bad stuff happening. But then again how can you have good without bad or light without darkness. The thought of heaven gives me lots to think about. In the end I hope that the next life and heaven makes sense of what we have had to endure and be tested with in this life. Life becomes unbearable if there is no hope that suffering is ultimately understood and redeemed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...