Skip to main content

Trusting Faith In God

It is 734am and I have decided to write. Most people would like to win the lotto or some big prize. We would be able to accomplish so much with that. We would be able to make ourselves comfortable. It is something nice to imagine. But if I think about it carefully I come to realise that I have already hit a jackpot. Having faith in God and walking a path with God is worth more than all the gold in China. The greatest blessing is not what we possess, but Who walks with us through the good and bad. In that sense, I am already rich beyond measure. Money comes and money goes but God endures forever. God is there for all seasons. This world can take everything but it cannot take our faith in God. So now that I have won the jackpot (having faith in God and walking a path with God), what am I going to do with it?

My friend Chatty says that a person who wins millions of dollars must decide how to spend that wealth. In the same way, a person who has found faith must decide how to live it. Faith is not meant to sit idle. It is meant to shape our character, guide our decisions, strengthen us in hardship, and inspire us to serve others. The jackpot I have received is not measured in dollars and cents. It is measured in hope, peace, purpose, and the assurance that I do not walk through life alone. And perhaps the best thing I can do with this jackpot is to live each day in gratitude, follow God's guidance, and be a blessing to others along the way. We must trust that God's plan for us is better for us. The title of this blog post is Trusting Faith In God. TFIG. In reverse that is GIFT. Our jackpot is a gift. Trust and faith are gifts from God.

They say if you do not have a ticket, you do not have a chance. But with God you do not need a ticket. Faith in God is free and accessible to everyone. It is a jackpot that everyone can win. Not the usual winner takes all. We can all win. When God wins our hearts, we all win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...