It is 205am and I have decided to write. I was going to write about the proposed AI data centers in Trinidad but I changed my mind. Politics looks different before they want your votes and after they get your votes. Whatever happens, it always seems like the poor man suffers. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The poor continue to carry the heaviest burden. The powerful walk with pomp and ceremony and the powerless walk with their heads down. The people with the most amount of power to make a difference are the least affected by the problems affecting the powerless. Who looks after the plight of the most vulnerable? Who knows it, feels it. Where is the love?
Instead of AI data centers we should build "I matter centers". They rhyme and sound the same but serve different purposes. Places where people are heard before they are ignored. Places where problems are met with solutions instead of promises. Places where dignity is restored, not just discussed. People do not only want better technology. They want to know that someone is listening. They want to be cared for. They want to feel that their lives matter. Imagine if every citizen had somewhere to go where their concerns were recorded, followed up, and resolved—not because they had influence or connections, but simply because they are human.
Maybe that is the infrastructure we need most. I matter. You matter. We matter. And a nation that forgets that will never be truly developed, no matter how advanced its technology becomes. It reminds us that true development is not measured in gigabytes, megawatts, or concrete—it is measured in human well-being, equity, and compassion. I do not think the people are against progress and technology. I use tech and AI all the time. I think the people want to have a say about our priorities. If a poor man spent money on the latest iphone they would quickly say he does not know his priorities. There is a place and time for everything. A nation can build the most advanced systems in the world, but if its people feel forgotten, unheard, and unseen, can we truly call that development?
Comments