Skip to main content

God's plan

It is 152am and I have decided to write. I have a topic this morning or at least something I could start with. What is God's plan for me? How will I know? Maybe I do not get to know. Life is a test. My faith and trust in God will be tested. My friend tells me that maybe the plan is less about a specific job and an itinerary but a journey of becoming. Becoming a good human being. Becoming a good muslim. Becoming someone that God is happy with. It does not matter if I am a walker, a writer, a youtuber, a blogger, a web developer, a photographer, a volunteer, an advocate, whatever, as long as I am a good person following the path of God.

God wants us to succeed. God wants us to win. God is helping us to succeed and win. Others may not want this for us but God does and who is more powerful than God. They plan but God is the best of planners. I like the phrase "character is destiny" which is commonly attributed to Heraclitus. It means that the kind of person you become shapes the kind of life you will live. It does not mean that every event in life is under your control. Rather, it suggests that your habits, values, and character influence how you respond to whatever life brings. Our character is the thread that runs through every path we might take.

Do not be bothered by how others judge your character and your plan because they are not qualified to do so. God is the ultimate judge. For us muslims, God has given us guidance in the form of the Quran and teachings of the prophet. I saw a quote on facebook and it rings true. Those who want to see you win will help you win. Those are the people to focus on. Those are the people whose opinion and advice matter. Those are the people to keep close. Those are the people sent by God. God wants you to win. God has a place in heaven waiting for us. Heaven is our direction of becoming. Who we become makes us fit for heaven. I like acronyms and I have one for God's PLAN - God's Paradise Lives Ahead Next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...