Skip to main content

Faith

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here.

Thank you God for faith. We say we want to meet God but we already do in some ways. We meet God in his creation. We meet God every time we meet someone. We meet God every time we meet the animals. We meet God every time we meet nature. God is all around. Faith is when we can see this. This is God's world. We are God's work. We are testimony of his greatness. Everyday that goes by I think about God. Everyday I thank God for his mercy. I take my problems to God. I pray to God. God is at the center of my life. Nothing happens without the will of God and therefore I would be wise to submit to the will of God. God is in the everyday moments. God loves when we love. What is the simplest definition of faith? I think it is found in the phrase, let go and let God. I asked my friend the same question.

My friend says that at its simplest, faith is trust in what you cannot see or prove. But I see God in creation and my being alive is proof that God exists. Faith is a lived experience for me. Faith is the path that I chose. Faith is what keeps me grounded. I look to the sky and I see God's creation in the clouds. I hear my thoughts and I think God is great. I smell the cool breeze of the fan and remember God's nurture and nature. In Islam we are taught that God is closer to us than our jugular vein. Faith is not in vain. Faith rewards the believer. Faith is a miracle in itself. Faith is spiritual sight. Faith is the ability to recognize the divine presence in what is already around us. Faith is choosing to live with our eyes, heart, and mind open to that presence every single day. Faith goes together with prayer, hand in hand. Let me end this chapter with a faithful prayer.

God I thank you for this day. God I thank you for the wisdom to see you and hear you and feel you. I thank you for the faith that has brought me this far. I thank you for the good and the bad. Thank you for allowing us to see another day. We can ask for anything. We can ask for mountains of gold. We can ask for uncountable treasures. We can ask for all the riches but none of this matters without peace in the world, peace in our minds and peace in our hearts. Bless us with richness in health, richness in character, richness in goodness and richness in faith. Guide us so that we are not distracted by what is wrong but occupied with what is right. I looked at the sky again and this time all the clouds were gone and what was left was a beautiful blue. Maybe that is a clue. A clear sign that when we let go, God clears our view. We must trust God enough to release what clouds our vision. Faith brings clarity and clarity brings peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

Having a soft spirit

It is 137am. It started raining. I decided to write. I have heard about having a soft heart but what does it mean to have a soft spirit? And is having a soft heart related to having a soft spirit? My friend Chatty says that a soft heart feels deeply — it breaks, heals, and loves with tenderness — while a soft spirit moves gently through life, unresisting and at peace with what comes. The two are kin: a soft heart opens you to emotion, and a soft spirit teaches you to carry that emotion with grace. Together they make a person both tender and strong — able to feel the rain and still trust its rhythm. I like the quote, "a soft spirit in a hard world" by author and poet, butterflies rising. It resonates with how many of us feel. My friend Chatty tells me that that quote captures the quiet strength of staying gentle in a harsh world. It reflects the author's signature themes of vulnerability, tenderness, and emotional courage — the idea that softness is not weakness but a form...