Enjoy the journey

All day I have been trying to figure out what I should write about. It is the last day of twenty twenty three. The countdown is on for the grand entrance of the new year, twenty twenty three plus one. Soon it will be twenty twenty four. I know I wanted to write about this. We made it to the end of another year and the start of another year. My day was a quiet one so far. I went to the mini mart and stocked up on water and raisin bran. I ate a doubles with slight pepper that really tasted like medium pepper. I had a nap that made up for the late night I had. Yesterday I won some money and that made me feel lucky. Money that discounts the price I paid for our new Lasko fan. I was eating my dinner, the same dinner I have every day, raisin bran and milk, when it occurred to me that the anticipation of today was much more thrilling than today itself.

This was a reminder to me that I should focus on enjoying the journey and less on the destination. I think I do that enough but it was a reminder and I can always do better. I do not want to be the person who reaches the end and thinks back to all the moments that I let pass me by. I want to enjoy every moment. I want to enjoy the journey or should I say joyney like I have a New Yorker accent. The destination is important and goals are important but enjoying the journey is more important and more fulfilling. When you buy a pizza you enjoy each slice and each bite and not the empty box that remains. Even challenges and setbacks can be appreciated because they are opportunities for growth and learning and life is a test.

We don't have to wait for the big milestones to celebrate. We can take the time to acknowledge and appreciate our progress along the way, no matter how small. I approach the new year with love in my heart. I take on a positive mindset and I say to the universe, good vibes only. I pray to God for guidance and humility. I will continue to be content with what I have and where I am and grateful for the same until better can be done. Muhammad Ali has told us, "Don't just count the days, make the days count." I look at the clock on my mobile and it is almost seven and that is almost five hours before midnight. That is plenty of time to make today count and enjoy the festivities.

Someone once said, "Sometimes dropping the ball is the only way to learn how to catch it." I will not be afraid to make mistakes as long as I am trying to be better than before. Every time life knocks us down we can get back up and continue the journey stronger than before. For the new year, I wish for a world filled with love. Life is beautiful and I love life. I love that I was given the opportunity by God to be part of his creation and leave my mark on this world. I cherish the moments of the last year and I look forward to the moments of the new year. I enjoy the journey by being passionate about the things I do. I have a passion for tech and writing. I feel good that I was able to capture today and how I feel in this blog post. Words have power and Neil Gaiman has told us that, "The universe is made of stories." My life's journey is my story and I want to enjoy the story that I write. Thank you for reading my blogs and happy new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the flowers bloom again

Small island but big heart

My Experience Setting Up FLOW's TG2492LG-FLO WIFI Modem

How can you make money online in Trinidad and Tobago?

Society united now