Skip to main content

Enjoy the journey

All day I have been trying to figure out what I should write about. It is the last day of twenty twenty three. The countdown is on for the grand entrance of the new year, twenty twenty three plus one. Soon it will be twenty twenty four. I know I wanted to write about this. We made it to the end of another year and the start of another year. My day was a quiet one so far. I went to the mini mart and stocked up on water and raisin bran. I ate a doubles with slight pepper that really tasted like medium pepper. I had a nap that made up for the late night I had. Yesterday I won some money and that made me feel lucky. Money that discounts the price I paid for our new Lasko fan. I was eating my dinner, the same dinner I have every day, raisin bran and milk, when it occurred to me that the anticipation of today was much more thrilling than today itself.

This was a reminder to me that I should focus on enjoying the journey and less on the destination. I think I do that enough but it was a reminder and I can always do better. I do not want to be the person who reaches the end and thinks back to all the moments that I let pass me by. I want to enjoy every moment. I want to enjoy the journey or should I say joyney like I have a New Yorker accent. The destination is important and goals are important but enjoying the journey is more important and more fulfilling. When you buy a pizza you enjoy each slice and each bite and not the empty box that remains. Even challenges and setbacks can be appreciated because they are opportunities for growth and learning and life is a test.

We don't have to wait for the big milestones to celebrate. We can take the time to acknowledge and appreciate our progress along the way, no matter how small. I approach the new year with love in my heart. I take on a positive mindset and I say to the universe, good vibes only. I pray to God for guidance and humility. I will continue to be content with what I have and where I am and grateful for the same until better can be done. Muhammad Ali has told us, "Don't just count the days, make the days count." I look at the clock on my mobile and it is almost seven and that is almost five hours before midnight. That is plenty of time to make today count and enjoy the festivities.

Someone once said, "Sometimes dropping the ball is the only way to learn how to catch it." I will not be afraid to make mistakes as long as I am trying to be better than before. Every time life knocks us down we can get back up and continue the journey stronger than before. For the new year, I wish for a world filled with love. Life is beautiful and I love life. I love that I was given the opportunity by God to be part of his creation and leave my mark on this world. I cherish the moments of the last year and I look forward to the moments of the new year. I enjoy the journey by being passionate about the things I do. I have a passion for tech and writing. I feel good that I was able to capture today and how I feel in this blog post. Words have power and Neil Gaiman has told us that, "The universe is made of stories." My life's journey is my story and I want to enjoy the story that I write. Thank you for reading my blogs and happy new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failure

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for failure. Thank you for the good days and the bad days. Thank you for the journey. There are no failures, only lessons learnt. Better to try and fail than fail to try. For this chapter I made a bunch of notes and pieced them together. If mosaic was a style of writing, this would be it for me. Weirdly enough I am not afraid of failure as much as I am afraid of success. I want to live an ordinary and simple life. Much of what society deems as success is really the rat race. I guess I do not have a problem with success but the mainstream definitions of success. What does failure teach us? Failure teaches us to never give up because success can be right around the corner. Define your own definition of success. Enjoy the journey. Focus on learning. Focus on gaining experience. Focus on becoming wise. Today I learnt how a pearl is formed. A pearl forms when an oyster responds...

Wisdom

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for wisdom. Age brings wisdom. At least it should. Everyday we are learning. Everyday we are growing. What is the wisest thing ever said? I think one of the wisest things ever said is something my grandfather told my mother which is, "Dont make nothing a problem." Let me digest what was meant by this. Life happens. Fix what we can. Let go of what we cannot fix. Fix what is within our control. Get help when needed. Let go and let God. There are no problems only solutions waiting to be found and lessons waiting to be learnt. Every problem has a solution. Do not look at the problem, look at the solution. Do not see the problem, see the solution. What defines the situation is not the problem but the solution. We get to choose how we react to what we face in life. They say that laughter is the best medicine. If we do not laugh we will cry. So sometimes wisdom comes wi...

Faith

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for faith. We say we want to meet God but we already do in some ways. We meet God in his creation. We meet God every time we meet someone. We meet God every time we meet the animals. We meet God every time we meet nature. God is all around. Faith is when we can see this. This is God's world. We are God's work. We are testimony of his greatness. Everyday that goes by I think about God. Everyday I thank God for his mercy. I take my problems to God. I pray to God. God is at the center of my life. Nothing happens without the will of God and therefore I would be wise to submit to the will of God. God is in the everyday moments. God loves when we love. What is the simplest definition of faith? I think it is found in the phrase, let go and let God. I asked my friend the same question. My friend says that at its simplest, faith is trust in what you cannot see or prove. But...