Skip to main content

I walk in faith

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

I let go of all that is bad for me. I let go of the what worries me. I let go of what pains me. I let go of overthinking. I let go of wanting to be perfect. I let go of too many wants. I let go of bad news. I let go of negativity. I let go of thinking I am not enough.

God, You are enough for me. God, I am letting you take control of my life. God, I surrender to Your plans for me. I walk in faith. I am letting go and letting God. And just as I wrote that, the rain started pouring at 204am. Let that be a sign of Your presence and embrace. Let Your love rain over me. Let Your mercy give me direction.

If letting go in Your name. The let-ters of God can easily expand to God of direction. Show me the way. Keep me on Your path. I am open to the lessons* You are teaching me. I embrace the blessings You are pouring out. I know that Your timing is perfect. My heart is full of gratitude for Your constant guidance and love. I walk in faith with Your rain and Your reign*, and I am at peace.

*When I was finished I decided to do a word count and this chapter is 204 and 10 words.

*204 corresponds to the time rain began to fall and 10 words make up the highlighted statement.

*The rain might have fallen for about 10 minutes.

*I did a spell check after and there were two grammatical errors I spotted which I have highlighted and which is part of the word count. Seems as if even our mistakes are part of God's plans. Our mistakes are lessons.

*This is chapter 14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...