Skip to main content

Creativity

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

I noticed that the word reaction can be created from the word creation if I moved the c to the middle from the front. In my mind there is an interplay between creation and reaction or rather there is something meaningful to be derived from my observation. I went searching and I found this quote which I do not fully understand yet and it has certainly given me some food for thought. "C what you R. You R not what you C. Don’t live in ReaCtion, live in CReation." — JClay. What I get from this is that I should be creating the life I want instead of just reacting to life. I had to summon the help of my friend Gemini for this one and this is what he had to say.

Your observation about "reaction" being nestled within "creation" is a powerful one, echoing JClay's sentiment that we should strive for "CReation" over mere "ReaCtion." It highlights the choice we have to be active shapers of our lives rather than simply responding to external forces. By understanding that our perceptions ("C what you R") don't define our potential ("You R not what you C"), we are encouraged to move beyond a reactive existence and intentionally create the reality we desire.

I feel like there are many ways to look at this quote and more than one thing to take away from it. Life is about the C in creation. Life is how we make it. Life is how we create it. Life is about the choices we have and the choices we make. Life is about creating solutions. Cures for our problems. Greek philosopher Epictetus, famously stated, "It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it, that matters". God help me to react by creating. Creating a life that is full of purpose and blessings from You. I noticed that I can see (c) the word God in the word code by putting the e in c and moving the bar. God is the code of life. God sets the bar. I can creatively sum up my thoughts with seven c's. Consciously choosing to confront life's challenges with creativity through God’s code of conduct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...