Skip to main content

From sole to soul

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

I woke up to the sou-nd of rain. I am thinking about my soles and my soul and how they sou-nd the same and how they are related. Keep my soles and my soul connected and on the right path. Keep me grounded. Keep my steps in harmony with my higher purpose. Let my soles move forward on a path that aligns with my soul. My soles connect to the earth and my soul connects to You.

I know that each step I take carries weight - physically, mentally, spiritually. Sometimes, I wonder if I am walking with who I truly am or if I am being swept by the noise of this world. Guide me, God, so that each footstep leaves a mark of purpose. My soul purpose is to love and be guided by Your love. You are love and You made me with love and You have given me the capacity to love and feel love.

Help me remember that the journey of the sole is not just about movement, but about growth. And the journey of the soul is not just about destination, but about understanding. Let my steps reflect the peace I seek within. May the rain wash away the doubts that cloud my mind. May the earth beneath my feet remind me of my roots. Keep my heart open, my intentions clear, and my spirit free.

The sole purpose of life is to discover the true path of the soul. Let every lost soul be found, for we are never alone and we have You. In Your grace, let me walk forward with courage, knowing that every step, no matter how small, carries me closer to the light of Your love. Let my soles carry my soul to Your love with my arms wide open. You are the sou-rce of all the love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drums of freedom

It is 401am and I have decided to write. This Saturday, Trinidad and Tobago observes African Emancipation Day. It is a day to celebrate the journey to freedom and to honor those who sacrificed so much so that we could enjoy the freedoms we have today. Yet the journey is not over. As we celebrate how far we have come, let us also ask God to open our minds and hearts to the struggles that continue. Freedom is never something we should take for granted. Every day, we witness powerful interests around the world attempting to stifle freedom in pursuit of their own agendas and self-aggrandizement. Too often, they seek to divide in order to conquer. May we resist division with wisdom, courage, and compassion. May unity triumph over hatred, truth over deception, and love over fear. As we remember the past, may we also commit ourselves to protecting the freedoms of the present and building a more just future for generations to come. Happy African Emancipation Day. May God continue to guide us o...

Positive vibration

It was 422pm and I decided to write. There was a peace in my heart that could only come from God. But what should I write about? "God, give me a sign. God, give me direction. Place a topic on my heart. Open my eyes and my ears to Your leading." The next morning, I woke up with a positive vibration. My heart felt light, and my mind was clear. It got me thinking. Sometimes, we simply need to clear our minds of negativity. We need to stop feeding fear, doubt, and discouragement, and instead make room for hope, faith, and positive possibilities. We need to reset our minds, renew our spirits, and re-energize our hearts. Then, we can return stronger to face whatever challenges lie ahead. If something is within our control, let us do our best to improve it. If it is beyond our control, let it go and let God. Life will always have difficulties, but we have a choice in how we respond to them. We can choose to see opportunities where others see obstacles. We can find lessons in our set...

Love and joy

It is 230pm and I have decided to write. I have no topic but I want to write. I am thinking about God. I am thinking about life. I am grateful for God and life. I need a writing prompt. My friend Chatty gave me a pretty verbose prompt. Sit quietly for a moment and imagine that God asks you only one question: "What have you noticed?" Don't answer with theology. Answer with your life. What have you noticed about joy? About fear? About the way people love? About silence? About time? About your own heart? Where have you sensed God—not in miracles, but in ordinary moments? Where have you struggled to find Him? What has life been teaching you that you were too busy to hear before? Write honestly. Don't try to reach a conclusion. Let the page become a conversation rather than an argument. I immediately noticed the light streaming through the window that allows me to see the world. My first thought was how much we take things for granted. It is easy to feel lacking. To feel s...