Skip to main content

Hope makers

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is 414pm. I napped and I am awake now. Todays vocabulary.com word of the day is beamish. I read that beamish means bright, cheerful, and optimistic, often used to describe someone smiling with happiness or optimism. I consider myself an optimist. Not all the time but I am many times. For me being optimistic is about having hope. I hope that God makes a way. I hope that things work out. I hope that my prayers are answered. I hope for a brighter world. You are my hope. I wish to become the hope that I see.

I like this quote that I found by Victor Hugo, "Hope is the word that is written on the brow of every man". I like how brow and word have the same letters and this made the quote stand out to me. Hope is part of us. Hope is something intrinsically human. In Islam we are encouraged to balance hope and fear. Hope must be accompanied by action. I like how the words good, love and hope are all four letters with that second letter o that fits with the second letter o of God. God is (g)ood. God is (l)ove. God is (h)ope. Initials glh which can be expanded to say God looks at our hearts or God's lighthouse. I found these through Google search. I like God's lighthouse because it fits in with how I started with the word beamish. Maybe God's lighthouse is our heart. The light of God is in the hearts of men.

I read that in Islam Allah is described as the Light (al-Nur) and the heart of a believer is sometimes likened to a vessel containing this light. God, keep hope lighting in my heart. Keep me believing in good days ahead. Keep me doing good deeds on the road of hope. Without hope I could not reach this far and without You I will be lost. A heart with hope is h-op-eart. A heart with op-timism. I believe in You. I put my trust in You. I have hope with You. It makes sense that when we receive hope we should also give hope. Make us hope makers. Blessed is the heart of the hope maker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...