Skip to main content

Pause for a cause

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

I pray for the world. I pray for humanity. I pray for mankind. I pray together with anyone who is praying to You right now. I pray with all those seeking a miracle right now. I pray for all those with a cause. Because I know than You can help. Because Your power is bigger than the biggest problems. Because Your help is only a prayer away. Because You can put the right persons in the right places to make a difference.

Every cause has an effect. Every action has a reaction. We seek Your reaction for our prayers. I pause and I look at the sky. I ask myself why, like I have done several times before. Why the bad? Why the sad? Can we not be glad all the time? I sigh. Why? I ask again. I pause and I look at the sky again and I remember why. This life is just a test. This life is temporary. Your plan for us is bigger than our struggles. I pray that You reply to our whys and open doors of relief for all cause. I like how doors rhymes with cause. Prayers can open doors. If not in this life then in the next.

Maybe that is it. Instead of the bad that gets us sad, we need to get mad. But not in the typical sense. MAD stands for make a difference. Let us get mad at the bad and God will do the rest. I am glad that I wrote this letter to You. It brought clarity to my pause for a cause. Maybe this is Your reply to my why. We have the power to make a difference. We can put the mad in made and give cause to why You made all of this. We were made to make a difference. There is also an acronym in PAUSE. Pray, act, unite, serve, and empower to make a difference through God. Let us pause for a cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...