Skip to main content

Peaces of paper

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is cloudy, rainy and wet outside. The birds are chirping from tree to tree. They are looking for their daily meal I suppose, despite the conditions. I am resting in a corner writing to You. There is nothing special I want to write. It is Sunday. Life needs the rain to grow. I am thinking that growth sounds like a contraction of "God wrote". I am thinking that God wrote our life stories. Each story, a tree rooted in Your love with branches that reach for the sky. This is God's will for us.

Make me grow into someone that is pleasing to You. A gentle soul that is full of love. Someone who is full of hope. Someone who is good. Someone who helps others. Someone who seeks goodness. Someone who follows Your path. Someone rooted in peace whose branches spread love. Bless my mother who nurtured me from small. Bless my teachers who taught me well. Bless those who help me grow.

God writes my story but I choose the pen and paper. Maybe that is how it goes. Maybe that is how it grows. May I choose the pen of patience. The pen of love. The pen of gratitude. The pen of goodness. And peaces of paper that can withstand the test of time. Paper that is made from the best trees. From the branches of the people that love me and want to help me grow. I like this quote that I found from Tasneem Hameed, "Learn character from trees, values from roots, and change from leaves." May we help each other grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...