Skip to main content

Sea worthy ships

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is 113am on Sunday. The night is warm. I wonder if there is any chance of the rain falling tonight? I have not read the forecast. Everything comes and goes in waves. God saves. Today is already the 13th of the 4th month. They say time waits on no one. Just the other day we were celebrating the new year. Time waits on no one except God I suppose. We often speak of God's timing. I just read that God waits for all. The idea is that You are patient and willing to give everyone an opportunity to turn to You. Your desire is for all people to come to know You and be saved.

What else rhymes with waves and saves? Haves looks the part although it does not sound the part. Haves as in, "life is about the haves and the haves-not". We normally think of this in terms of material things but we should really be thinking in a spiritual sense. If we have You, dear God, we have much. What does it mean to have God? My friend Gemini tells me that having God means experiencing a profound and personal connection with the ultimate source of existence, truth, and love, and this shapes our values, purpose, and relationship with the world.

So I now have (w)aves, (s)aves and (h)aves with initials wsh and was thinking what could wsh tell me? Wsh looks like a contraction of worship and wow at how this all makes so much sense. We need wor-ship to ride the waves of this wor-ld and God saves us from drowning if we haves faith in Him. I love when language connects for me in this way. I love when I can look for deeper meaning in my own special way. God, open my eyes to see all that is good. I have a new way to see worship now. We do not have to see the sea of life with fear as long as we can worship You. As long as we build that connection with You, we will all have sea wor-thy ships and You are our lighthouse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

Rain

This is a chapter from my latest book called (G)rains (o)f san(d)s. Learn more about the book here . Thank you God for the rain. It has just started raining here. I can hear the pitter patter on the roof. I can see the dimmed light through the window. The greenery in the yard is enjoying every chance of rain. The days have been extra hot this year. They say we are experiencing a super el nino in Trinidad. Given this every bit of rainfall feels special. Water is life. Without water there can be no life as we know it. Rain is part of the water cycle. Rain falling is like therapy. A calm state comes over my body. My mind relaxes. I appreciate my home and my shelter to keep me dry and safe. The rain is mentioned as a sign from God in the Quran and how it gives life to a lifeless land. The rain complements the sunshine as part of nature's balance. Sometimes we have to endure storms and floods and even droughts but there are lessons in these events. Community spirit is heightened and our...

Nur al-Quran

It is 1037am and I have decided to write. I have been listening to the Quran more and more. I have also been trying to learn Arabic casually through social media. I am nearing the end of my second reading of the English Quran. The Quran is the word of God and God also tells us to follow the sunnah and life of the prophet (pbuh). The Quran is a miracle. The more I interact with the Quran, the more complete I feel. It gives my clarity. I have a purpose. I have goals. I have things I should be doing. Islam is a way of life and it builds character. Sometimes I listen to the Quran to forget about this world. This world is not my home. My home is in the hereafter and God willing in heaven. The more I draw closer to the Quran, the more beauty I see and hear and feel. Same goes to God. Same goes for the life of the prophet (pbuh). Same for Islam. If these are all the things I have in this world, I am happy. Reminds me of one of the duas I say daily. I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam as...