Skip to main content

The missing peace

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is 212am. I drank a cup of water and I sit in the quiet of the night writing to You. I had a dream and part of that dream was me telling how I had found God and how that helped me. What does it mean to find You? I think it means You were missing, You were missing from my life even though You were always there all the steps of the way. And just like that it started raining at 223am for a brief moment. I can hear the raindrops on my galvanise roof.

I was lost and I found You. It was not an overnight mission for me neither is it a task that is complete. It took several years and small and gradual steps to reach this point where I can say that I found You. Where did I find You? You were everywhere but I had to open my eyes. I had to open my eyes and mind and heart to Your presence. Looking back on it, it is as if part of me was missing. An important part. Like a missing compass. How do I ensure that what is found is not lost again? I think continued prayers is the answer. Prayers as reminders that You are there and that You are listening.

I found this quote and it resonated with what needed to be said in this last paragraph. It goes, "the best way to find love is to find God". We are all really looking for love. And what better place to go to for this love than You. You are the source of all love. You are the source of all things. It makes sense to seek love and connection with something greater than ourselves firstly. You know us better than we know ourselves. It is 302am now and I can hear the rain again. Through God's love we can find the missing piece of ourselves. The missing peace for ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental health matters

It is 547am and I have decided to write. I have been living with a mental health diagnosis for more than 23 years. I am differently abled. Mental illness sometimes presents itself as a non-visible disability. A person with mental illness may look and function normally. Added to that we do not get to see the struggles happening internally. After 23 years I could say that I have much experience with my condition and may be able to offer words that may help others. There is plenty of stigma associated with mental illness. People think that the mentally ill are bad people, weak, or somehow less deserving of dignity and the treatment of the illness sometimes feels like punishment and is dehumanizing at times. There is plenty of good intentions and well meaning as well (do not get me wrong) but things could be better. And it happens at the highest level. A leader once said, "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad." As the saying goes, who knows it feels it. I started a pr...

Motivation

It is 150pm and I have decided to write. I have no topic to start but I feel like writing. While trying to decide what to write I saw this question that had my interest, what motivates you to keep going even when life is difficult? The first thing that popped in my mind was God. But I do not think the answer is simple or singular. I also think I need to put some thought into this. Also what is the relationship between motivation and discipline? Motivation is easy but discipline is hard. I think for me motivation comes from the joy of success. But God was my first answer. Now that God is the focus of my life, the joy of success becomes being a success in the eyes of God. But I said the answer was not singular. So different things motivate us at different times but they all lead to wanting to succeed. This reminds me of the Muslim call to prayer that says come to success. If motivation is what calls you then success calls you and success gives you joy. My friend Chatty says that what I h...

Installing NodeBB using Termux

This is the ChatGPT prompt I used to be guided Guide me through installing NodeBB using Termux (This took some time and patience to troubleshoot errors and implement workaround) pkg update && pkg upgrade -y pkg install proot-distro git curl wget nano -y proot-distro install debian proot-distro login debian apt update && apt upgrade -y apt install -y curl git build-essential ca-certificates gnupg apt update apt install -y imagemagick apt install -y redis-server redis-server --daemonize yes redis-cli ping mkdir -p /opt git clone https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git /opt/nodebb cd /opt/nodebb ./nodebb setup warn: NodeBB Setup Aborted.  Error: Could not load the "sharp" module using the android-arm64 runtime Possible solutions: - Manually install libvips >= 8.18.3 Force node to report platform as linux to get sharp to install curl -LO https://nodejs.org/dist/v22.23.1/node-v22.23.1-linux-arm64.tar.xz tar -xJf node-v22.23.1-linux-arm64.tar.xz mv node-v22.23.1-lin...