Skip to main content

Time is a great teacher

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is 1234am. Again I fell asleep without bathing. The plan is to cool off now while writing this and then go bathe and then pray. But what to write? There is scien(t)ific stuff and robo(t)s and (t)echnology and what the future will be like. I noticed that the only common letter among the words pas(t), presen(t) and fu(t)ure is the letter t. I guess t is for time. The letter t is the 20th letter of the alphabet. I have reached the 20th surah of the Quran in my reading called taha. The translation of the surah title is unknown to us. Do not mind me. I am just brainstorming. Time = experience = hindsight = 20/20 vision. Time is a great teacher.

Time is the great teacher because time has taught everyone at least a few lessons. What has time taught you? At the same time, we have to be open to being taught to maximise the lessons of time. We have to be (t)e(a)c(ha)ble. What has time taught me? Never give up. Learn from your mistakes. Your health is your wealth. Love is the answer. God is the answer. Take your time. Think before you talk. Common sense make before book sense. We are products of our circumstances. Context matters. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Walk the talk. Share what you learn. Be the learner and become the teacher.

Does that mean that we become time? We become a memory? Time is just a memory? Time is just a thought? We become what we think. Think wisely. Use time wisely. So what about robots and technology and the future? Only time will tell but the tech we have today would have been unimaginable to many in the past. I would like to imagine something unimaginable for the future. In the future someone might invent or discover a (ti)me (m)achin(e). Maybe time is a machine. Look at the time. I seem to have forgotten I was talking to God. I will end with a quote I found. "God has not bowed to our nervous haste nor embraced the methods of our machine age. The man who would know God must give time to Him." - Aiden Wilson Tozer. Let me go bathe and pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...