Skip to main content

Good old days

This is another page from my ninth book called "Dear God". I was inspired to write this book after writing "I am voting for God" on my blog. It continues in that format. Short letters (or prayers) to God. It gives me an opportunity to write more and write to God at different moments in my life.
___________________

Dear God,

It is 154am. I just noticed that God spells good old days. We often hear about people reminiscing about the good old days. The funny thing is that years to come in the future now will become the good old days. What we have today will become the good old days. A reminder to appreciate the now and live in the now. There will come a time in the future when the page in this book will be a distant memory. This is page 86 of this book. Can you imagine someone reading this in 2086. Can you imagine this piece of writing surviving until 2086. That is 61 years into the future. I checked and it will be the 19th of Ramadan or there abouts on this day in 2086. May 3rd 2086 will be a Friday. May 3rd is the 123rd day of the year (non leap year).

So what could I put in a literary time capsule for someone reading this in 2086. One way to do this would be through a twitter search for God. Here are 10 tweets including the word God from May 3rd 2025 for anyone reading this in 2086. A snapshot of people talking to God today. Words spoken to God from 10 random persons on the internet on this day in 2025.

Woke up again today God is good (249am)

God bless our mothers 🙏 (302am)

God embedded and wired me not to give up (313am)

Indeed God has the final say (318am)

I only want what God wants for me... (330am)

Not good timing, God timing. (334am)

God is the realest G (340am)

God is in control (348am)

The God who created your heart can most definitely heal it. (356am)

Thank God for gift of life (404am)

I noticed that in all the timestamps, all digits from 0 to 9 were used except 7. I am going to wait until 437am to get a tweet from that time to make this complete. Is that some sort of OCD or should I say OGD (Obsessive God Disorder)? Which by chance has the letters of God.

May God open doors for us (437am)

Look at that. We started with one acronym for GOD (Good old days) and ended with another acronym for GOD (God opens doors). Would be cool if these were called Godonyms but that already has a different meaning. I want to end by saying that our now becomes the good old days and these are the doors to the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...