Skip to main content

Wings of freedom lyrics

YouTube
YouTube video


Oh oh
Listen to the water
Listen to the wind
Oh oh oh
Listen to the water
Listen to the wind
Sun is rising over the mountain high
Oh oh
Golden light is painting the morning sky
I and I walking on the higher road
Carry no more weight than the love I hold
Every breath I take is a step toward peace
Every heartbeat calling for the chains to release
Babylon can shake but they cannot break the fire in my spirit, the choice I make
Meditation rising like the incense in the air
Close your eyes and feel the love, feel the prayer
Jah light is shining, shining through the dark
Wake up the freedom burning in your heart
We got wings of freedom
Flying over the sea
Rise up my people
Come and fly with me
No more suffering, no more chain and lock
Liberation come coming from the love of Jah
Wings of freedom
Riding on the breeze
One love, one heart, one destiny
So spread your wings and let your spirit soar
Wings of freedom
Forevermore
Mama Africa singing in the drum
Every nation, every color, we are one
Latin with the mixing with the island sound
Two hearts beating, lifting off the ground
No more borders drawn upon the land
We are children walking hand in hand
Dance away the sorrow, dance away the pain
Let the healing fall like gentle rain
Meditation run like the incense in the air
Close your eyes and feel the love, feel the prayer
Jah light is shining, shining through the dark
Wake up the freedom burning in your heart
We got wings of freedom
Flying over the sea
Rise up my people
Come and fly with me
Oh oh
No more suffering, no more chain and lock
Liberation come coming from the love of Jah
Freedom riding on the breeze
One love, one heart, one destiny
So spread your wings and let your spirit soar
Wings of freedom
Forevermore
Jah jah jah rastafari jah jah jah jah jah
Om shanti
Set the spirit free
Breathe in the silence, breathe out the fear
The kingdom of freedom, it is living here
Jah jah jah rastafari
Rise up, rise up, let your soul run free
Wings of freedom
Flying over the sea
Rise up my people
Come and fly with me
No more suffering, no more chain and lock
Liberation come coming from the love of Jah
Wings of freedom
Riding on the breeze
One love, one heart, one destiny
So spread your wings and let your spirit soar
Wings of freedom
Forevermore
Fly fly fly
Higher than before
Wings of freedom forevermore
Freedom
Freedom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...