My Weight Loss Journey With IF and CICO

Always consult your doctor before and during any weight loss, fitness and healthy eating journey. I weigh myself daily but I only record my weight in the app I use on a Fridays. I use the MyFitnessPal app to track calories and weight. Based on my profile and my goals the app estimated that I could lose 2lbs per week by consuming 1500 calories per day. This morning and my 7th week, I weighed 201 lbs. That means I have lost 10 lbs in 7 weeks. Google what 10 lbs of fat looks like and see how much progress that represents.

I do IF which is intermittent fasting and CICO which is calories in calories out. Intermittent fasting has several benefits which you can research and consult your doctor. It helps with insulin resistance, mood, energy and weight loss. It is estimated that a pound of fat is worth about 3500 calories. Counting calories is about creating a calories deficit so that fat burning happens.

When counting calories sometimes I have to guess how much calories is in something I am eating. I try to drink enough water in a day. I drink enough water so I don't feel thirsty. I use a multi-vitamin to avoid mineral deficiency. I look for foods with enough fiber and balance. I have found that the food tastes better when I am hungry after fasting. Also, over time it becomes easier to fast and hunger becomes less of an issue. The body and mind adapts. I eat less but I savour the food and taste and experience when I do. Quality over quantity, so to speak. Also, some amount of money is saved eating less.

I am 40 years old so I have a slower metabolism thus results may not be as fast and as much as a younger me but I am very happy with the results I am getting so far. I fast 18 hours from 6pm to 12 noon the next day. My journey also encourages others in my household to eat healthier. Seeing results is motivation to keep going. I find myself reading and watching more healthy living and eating healthy and weight loss content online. My goal is to lose 20 more lbs before the year ends and add daily consistent exercise. Then the biggest challenge would be to keep the weight off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the sun set?

What is the story behind the broken kite?

Surfing

What is love?

What is a beautiful word?