Skip to main content

My Weight Loss Journey With IF and CICO

Always consult your doctor before and during any weight loss, fitness and healthy eating journey. I weigh myself daily but I only record my weight in the app I use on a Fridays. I use the MyFitnessPal app to track calories and weight. Based on my profile and my goals the app estimated that I could lose 2lbs per week by consuming 1500 calories per day. This morning and my 7th week, I weighed 201 lbs. That means I have lost 10 lbs in 7 weeks. Google what 10 lbs of fat looks like and see how much progress that represents.

I do IF which is intermittent fasting and CICO which is calories in calories out. Intermittent fasting has several benefits which you can research and consult your doctor. It helps with insulin resistance, mood, energy and weight loss. It is estimated that a pound of fat is worth about 3500 calories. Counting calories is about creating a calories deficit so that fat burning happens.

When counting calories sometimes I have to guess how much calories is in something I am eating. I try to drink enough water in a day. I drink enough water so I don't feel thirsty. I use a multi-vitamin to avoid mineral deficiency. I look for foods with enough fiber and balance. I have found that the food tastes better when I am hungry after fasting. Also, over time it becomes easier to fast and hunger becomes less of an issue. The body and mind adapts. I eat less but I savour the food and taste and experience when I do. Quality over quantity, so to speak. Also, some amount of money is saved eating less.

I am 40 years old so I have a slower metabolism thus results may not be as fast and as much as a younger me but I am very happy with the results I am getting so far. I fast 18 hours from 6pm to 12 noon the next day. My journey also encourages others in my household to eat healthier. Seeing results is motivation to keep going. I find myself reading and watching more healthy living and eating healthy and weight loss content online. My goal is to lose 20 more lbs before the year ends and add daily consistent exercise. Then the biggest challenge would be to keep the weight off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...