My Year In New York from 2002 to 2003

Somehow I managed upon Action Kid on youtube and I am now a big fan. I love exploring and walking and that is what he does. Scenes from New York remind me of my year of living and working in New York. Before that year I had spent a summer interning at Goldman Sachs on wall street. I also spent my first university Christmas break at a friends family in Brooklyn.

What I love about New York is the diversity of people and places. An amazing melting pot of peoples from all over the world. For the summer internship I stayed at one of the NYU dorms in Manhattan and for the year I lived on Schermahorn St. in Brooklyn Heights. A small studio close to the train station, Brooklyn Heights promenade and a cinema and many other conveniences.

It's been more than 17 years now and much of my memories are faded. The one thing I don't miss is the depressing winter weather. The things I remember are the bike rides across the Brooklyn bridge, trips to Central Park, ferry rides to Staten Island and bus rides over the Verazzano. The variety of food places to eat from is awesome. During my internship we did get to go to the top of the then World Trade Center.

My time in New York was memorable and learning experience. I was fresh out of university and I had entered the world of full time employment. I wish I was more into youtube and photography back then and in university so that I would have more captured memories. I appreciate being able to experience this big city life in my lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does the Earth hum?

What is an equation for life?

Where does this door lead?

What is love?

What is a beautiful word?