Skip to main content

Am I a good writer?

I should be writing more on this blog and when I thought about it this morning, I asked myself, am I a good writer? What makes a good writer and do I need to be a good writer? I can be a savvy writer but then suppose my content is not readable by the average person. My writing is an expression of me and in a style that is mines and that is something I do not want changed.

I am not writing enough for this blog. I started off writing blog posts consistently and it was looking good but then I slowed down. When I think about it, I come to the conclusion that I am thinking too much and trying too hard when I just need to write. Let it flow, enjoy writing and let it be a fun experience. So what if the blog post is not put together and banging, once I am writing and having fun. The more I write, the better I would get anyway.

The other thing is motivation. If you are reading this then leave a comment to let me know that you are reading. Then there are no other local tech bloggers that I know. Would be nice to have a buzzing local tech blogger space. We could be pushing one another to do better. It is a new year and with the year comes resolutions. I want to write more here and I am going to write more here. The motivation is doing something that I love, learning new things, sharing with others and getting better.

Besides staying motivated and writing more, what do I need to do to be a better writer? One thing I need to do is go back to some of the things I used to do on my older blogs. I have not done an interview on this blog as yet. There was a time I did interviews where 20 questions were posed to someone in the tech space. More variety in content would be the takeaway for me. So look forward to more and better content on this blog from a blogger who is striving to be a better writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...