Technology is my passion


Often when people ask for career advice, I recommend doing things that they are passionate about. Plenty money is nice but doing what you love is nicer. I have seen arguments against this advice in articles. There can be arguments for and against anything. But nothing has changed my mind or stopped me from giving this advice. I am 41 and choosing what I am passionate about has served me well.

My passion is technology. I knew I wanted to pursue my career in technology since the age of 14 in form 2 at St. Mary's College. I skipped form 3 and it was at the end of form 2 that I had to choose subjects for forms 4 to 5 (CXC and GCSE). I did Computer Science at O Levels and Computing at A Levels. Then my BSc in Computer Science at Morehouse College. This was all at a time when computing and technology was emerging. I am passionate about technology because I recognise the power of tech to make the world a better place. To make our lives easier and better. This passion means I put my best foot forward and I am good at what I do even with the many challenges.

Currently I am a full-time tech blogger and this is a dream for me. I make no money from this and I am doing it for the love of it. Thankfully I am in a position to do so. I don't need much, a roof over my head, 3 square meals, internet and a smartphone. I have been blogging and creating content for a very long time and it never gets tiring or boring.

What are my goals now? I want my workflow to be efficient and streamlined and simple. I want quality over quantity. I need to pay attention to SEO and promotion. I want to be a needed resource in the tech space. I want to contribute to the betterment of my country. I want to get away from the idea that I need a lot to accomplish a lot. I can and will make do with what I have. In photography there is a common phrase that the best camera is the camera that you have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the sun set?

What is the story behind the broken kite?

Surfing

What is a beautiful word?

Typewriter