I ordered food with Food Drop and Scotia Visa Debit Linx card

I discovered that I could use Food Drop with my Scotia (Trinidad and Tobago) Visa Debit Linx card. The Scotia card works with some of the local websites and apps that charge TT currency. Food Drop is not listed on the Scotia website but it does work. I contacted Scotia to see if that list needs updating.

It was a rainy and overcast Saturday afternoon and I was hungry. I decided to try the Food Drop app. I remember trying the app before and it did not work with my card. But it works now. It was my first time and I decided to order from a place that is closer to me. Hakka Express has a Chaguanas location and I live in Cunupia. I chose a classic box and a portion of wantons. I added 100 dollars to my Food Drop wallet and proceeded to checkout.

I already had my address and location on the map in the app. Since it was my first time ordering I got free delivery but my order had to be over 75 dollars. This was reasonable and I was happy. When I checked the Scotia app, my available balance was less 100 dollars and the 100 dollars was on hold. I was notified through email and the app for each step of the process. I was given a description of the delivery vehicle, a phone and chat contact for the driver and a live map for the delivery.

The food arrived ahead of schedule. The food was warm and tasty. I was asked to rate the delivery. I also gave the food shop a rating and review. I am so happy that we are progressing to the point where this service and use of technology is available in Trinidad and Tobago. Share a comment with me if you have used Food Drop already or if you have used your Scotia Visa Debit Linx card to shop online in Trinidad and Tobago.

Comments

David said…
I’ve used the scotia visa to pay my light bill online.

Popular posts from this blog

Why does the Earth hum?

What is an equation for life?

Where does this door lead?

What is love?

Where is the end of the internet?