Skip to main content

Caribbean Developer Survey

Update 23 March 2022 - Survey is now live at link below. Please share to get more responses.

https://forms.gle/QwWJ88PfxqHeVZxv7



I want to conduct a Caribbean Developers survey to get an idea and one view of the state of the Caribbean Developer space. The results will be shared here on my blog. These are the questions that I would like to be asked. What questions would you want to be included? Share in the comments below. Once I have a final list of questions I would create a survey in survey monkey or some similar service and share that and update this blog post with a link.

Age?
Country?
Position?
Industry?
Education Level?
Certifications?
Technologies used?
Languages used?
Developer websites you visit?
What can be done to improve the developer space in the Caribbean?
What developer trends are you following?
Do you think developers should be paid more in your country?
How would you rate yourself as a developer?
Is there a brain drain or brain surplus in your country?
Do you have a mentor?
Have you participated in a hackathon?
Years experience?
Do you contribute to open source projects?
Do you have a blog?
Do you work from home?
Do you work remotely for a company outside the Caribbean?
What conferences have you attended?
Advice for developers in the Caribbean?
What questions would you want to be asked in a future survey?
Provide feedback about this survey?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...