Skip to main content

I watched an Apple Event

Waiting on lunch to be delivered at 1 pm and decided I should tune in to the Apple event today. I don't think I have ever watched an Apple event. There was a time when the Apple event streams were only available to watch from Apple devices. I went to youtube and searched for "apple event" and saw an upcoming stream for 2 pm. I clicked set reminder and that was that.

Earlier in the day I remember responding to a tweet about what it would take to make me switch from Android to iPhone and my answer was, a budget iphone model. I need the cheapest iphone ever. Can they make an iphone model for TT$800 ( that is roughly US$120)? I think they can but they wouldn't want to. I think that would greatly improve their market share and bring more customers who could eventually upgrade to pricier models.

I am now browsing the #AppleEvent hashtag on twitter to get what the buzz surrounding the event is about. Lots of leaks and speculation. One tweet suggested a green iPhone will be announced. Another person thinks Macbook Air with M2 chip. The tagline for this event is peek performance. Someone tweeted that they were excited for the new Mac Studio.

There was a time where I strickly preferred Windows, Linux and Android but now I am open to the Apple ecosystem. If I could afford it (probably not and why I am sticking) my next devices would be Apple. I want to create an office space to do some serious blogging and youtubes. I look forward to seeing what is unveiled and what would fit in my office space.

There were more than 726,000 persons watching the youtube live stream. Tim Cook started the show in his usual casual attire. The commentary on twitter hashtag #AppleEvent kept me interested. After 15 minutes I couldn't say that anything wowed me. Basically we are going to upgrade the specs and software. Words like powerful, fantastic, new, amazing, faster and incredible were common place. I do like the Studio very much. Perfect for my office setup. I like that they are paying attention to being environmentally friendly. With the prices though you would not be making a purchase but an investment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...