Skip to main content

The Ministry of Digital Transformation Trinidad and Tobago Website is live

Update 6 Apr 2022 - A full website has replaced the landing page. My main gripe so far is no RSS feed especially for media and resources. A newsletter subscription could work.

Original blog post - I have been checking every morning for a few weeks now as I anticipated the website going live and I figure the url would be mdt.gov.tt following how other ministry websites are named. I just checked and the website is live.

I am trying my best to keep up with all of the ministry. I have been following on facebook, twitter and youtube. I am a bit disappointed that it took so long to just be a landing page. Hopefully this is just a short time and that the full website comes in the next few days.

Also disappointed that it did not go live with https. Even static websites are supposed to be https as Google search uses this in their algorithm and Chrome browser flags all http websites as insecure.

Builtwith.com is listing cloudflare, apache and ubuntu for this website. The website is not indexed by Google as yet but will probably be picked up by the crawlers from this blog post. The source code is simple and clean. You can view source on mobile by prefixing url e.g. view-source:http://mdt.gov.tt/. They should not allow directory listing though e.g. http://mdt.gov.tt/js/. If I do a reverse IP lookup I get a business.static.tstt.net.tt hostname that also loads the website. That should redirect to the main domain name.

The telephone number in the footer should be clickable as a lot of persons will be using their mobile devices to view the website. I would love to review the full website so I can send them feedback. Anyone thinks the binary in the Trinidad and Tobago map has a hidden message in it? That would be pretty cool.

Link to screenshot of website in case the website or link changes.


Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...