Taking Chances

Would you take 1 million cash now or flip a coin for a chance at 1 billion? I came across this question online and it had me thinking. So much so that I decided to write this blog post. I would take the 1 million. I am not greedy. I dont need a lot to make me happy. I like to play it safe. Maybe that is part reason why I am still around. I am contented. I am happy with my status in life.

Sometimes all our options vanish and we are left without choice but to take that chance. In investing, the more risk, the more potential for reward. This had me question my definition of success? I want to be happy BUT I also want others to be happy. I want the world to be a happy place.

I had a chance at working Microsoft with an onsite interview but I declined because I already had a job offer. Thinking back, I should have at least gone to the interview. When I came back to Trinidad after resigning my work on Wall Street I should have started my own business. Instead I chose the safe route and went to work for other companies. Over the years I could have invested more money into being a blogger and youtuber but it remained a side hustle. Now I have the time to devote to these things but I dont have the extra money.

It is never too late. From today I am going to be more open to taking chances. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised. It is a choice though and there is no one size fits all. I am not saying or thinking one way is better than the other. I am saying to think about and consider taking more chances.

So if I am happy and contented then why take more chances? Because the world needs me and I have a lot to offer. I am talented and gifted and this should not go to waste. Maya Angelou said it best with, "If you get, give. If you learn, teach." I can give back and teach through my tech blog and my youtube channel and I might need to step out of my comfort zone and take chances to grow these things.

Comments

Ron said…
I agree, well calculated risks are the chances to take! To me money is about stability to take more action that will lead to more opportunities for self growth. Focusing on making money from a job provides the initial security, but you’re right it’s up to you to create wealth that allows you to have a greater impact.

Popular posts from this blog

Why does the Earth hum?

What is an equation for life?

Where does this door lead?

What is love?

Where is the end of the internet?