Skip to main content

If your financial needs were met for the rest of your life, what would you do?

That was a question I came across on twitter. My immediate answer was tech youtuber. Now that I am writing this blog post I am asking myself another question and that is, why did I not answer tech blogger? Tech youtuber would be more challenging for me. Also, youtuber is the current and popular thing while blogger is old school. My youtube channel is small. I have 309 subscribers, 95 videos and about 43,000 views. I have 10 videos that have crossed 1,000 views. One of the things that I let hold me back from making more youtube videos is that I don't have a good laptop. But that is me making excuses.

Every big youtuber was once a small youtuber. I would say that I made a good start and my youtube channel is a nice extension to my blogging. There are not many tech youtubers in Trinidad and Tobago. I feel like this is an option that more trinis should pursue. My idea of a tech lab would be something that encourages this. What I got from the question (the title of this blog post) is that money and time are not problems so that I can pursue my passion and be totally committed.

Tech has always been my passion and I have been a tech blogger and content creator for a long time. I don't have a large audience but that does not deter me and it has never been a main goal of mines. My main goals are to create quality, be better than before and enjoy the journey. One of my favorite youtubers is Marques Brownlee. He is thorough and explains simply. In a recent interview Marques mentioned that there is beauty in simplicity and I think the same way. His production quality is high and something many upcoming tech youtubers can aim towards.

One of the things I want to do differently with my youtube channel is to create a variety of tech content and not just focus on smart phones and consumer tech. Also local and regional content is a priority for me. I am happy everytime I come across local content, something that I can relate to and that represents me. I want to create what I am looking for which I see happens to many creators. Also, I feel like there is a role for tech bloggers and tech youtubers in Trinidad and Tobago's digital transformation journey. It would be passion with a purpose for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...