My first time participating in Trinidad and Tobago Restaurant Week


It was a quiet afternoon in the suburban town of Warrenville in Cunupia. The humdrum and my growling belly made me launch the Fooddrop app. My eyes pounced on the Muhzaa restaurant and I recognised that it was new to Fooddrop. There were no reviews to guide me as they were new to the app and I felt like an explorer as I perused the menu offerings. Trinidadians are being called upon to tighten our belts as the cost of living rises. When I saw the one hundred dollar menu for Trinidad and Tobago Restaurant Week I felt compelled to bite.

For a blue note I could get a portion of tikka chicken, some naan bread, a piece of cream cheese pound cake or a serving of gujar halwa, and soda or water. I was sold. Through the power and convenience of modern technology and an internet connection, I had placed my order. It must be noted at this point that my belly had become a full on choir with orchestra singing for supper. My mouth was watering like Caura river on a holiday.

I had never participated in restaurant week before. It is an annual ten day happening where participating restaurants offer a discounted fixed price menu. Today was the last day and I caught on in the nick of time. It took half an hour for my order to be accepted, packed and delivered from Charlieville to Cunupia. The food came warm. I got three medium round naans that were buttery and soft. The chicken was generously seasoned and spiced. The cake was soft and moist. The food was enough to share between my mom and myself. The food was fresh and inviting.

I was pleased with my choice and meal. My hunger was quenched. I gave the restaurant a five star review on Fooddrop and had the following to say; The tikka chicken and naan was as if my nani made it on chulha somewhere deep in south. And the cream cheese pound cake was as if it came from a pitchoil oven on the hills of Paramin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the end of the internet?

Why does the Earth hum?

What is an equation for life?

Where does this door lead?

What book do I write next?