Skip to main content

A prayer for the world

I feel a how when people say that God does not exist and dismisses the power of prayers. God is real and prayers work. I was not always this strong in my belief but I am now. I encourage anyone that is unsure or that has questions to give God and prayers a chance. We have nothing to lose when we put our trust and faith in God. I like this quote by Henri Nouwen who said, "God is not a being to be seen. God is a love to be felt." Love is the answer. God is the answer. God is love.

I want to say a prayer for the world. I pray that good triumphs over all else. I want a world where kindness is the currency. Where good deeds are celebrated and encouraged. Where we love unconditionally. Where those that need help get the help they need. God give us the strength to face the challenges that confront us now and in the future. Give us the wisdom to think rationally and purposefully. Give us leaders who have our best interests at heart. Make us world citizens with character and good actions.

Life is a gift from God. Let us use it wisely. We thank you God for your guidance. We ask you for patience and gratitude. I am one person who thinks my prayers can solve the world of problems. Imagine a world full of prayers. I pray the world unites for positive change. Bless the change makers and those of us doing good works in our communities and in the world. Bless the parents who are tasked with raising the next generation. Bless those who give without asking for anything in return.

Life is a test and there are so many questions. The world has the smarts and tools to make things better. Prayer is one of those tools. Let us put our problems in the hands of God. Life is beautiful. The world is beautiful. Our existence and that you are reading this is proof that God is. The world needs God. The world needs prayers. I pray for a better world. I pray for you and me. Forgive us and make us better so that we can in turn make the world better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful, moving <3

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...