Skip to main content

Let us dream together

I feel as a society and people we don't ask our friends and relatives and people in general, what are your dreams? Life is a competition and we are mostly all trying to get ahead. Instead of waiting for society to ask me, what are your dreams, I realised I could just go ahead and tell society and the world in a blog post. I was chatting with a friend and three things came to mind - losing weight, finishing my second book and being the best human being I could be (a better Muslim). But I needed to think about this some more. If we know our dreams we can find our best fit and role in society and we would know how to support each other.

At the highest level I want to be happy and comfortable and I want others to be happy and comfortable. My pursuits must be purpose driven. I have a passion for tech and I have a problem solvers' mindset. I dream of being the best tech blogger and tech youtuber I can be. I have put much effort into this over the years. I have built a good foundation and I have many years of experience specifically with these and in the tech space.

I want to build a youtuber studio. I want to create a proper desk setup where I can also do my coding. My favorite tech youtuber is Marques Brownlee. I admire how he explains things and I admire how he started simply and built himself to be the best tech youtuber. We hardly have any tech bloggers and tech youtubers in Trinidad or even in the Caribbean.

Why are my dreams important to me? I think my dreams can benefit myself and the world. The world is a better place when all of us reaches our best potential. It works in the context of a meaningful life and giving of ourselves. See my blog post on my understanding of life. Having dreams and working towards them makes life beautiful. Every day I get up and I thank God. I ask myself what can I do that gets me closer to my dreams. What can I do today to make me a better human being. A better Muslim. A better citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. A better person in this world.

It will not be easy. Life is full of ups and downs. We face challenges all the time. Look out for your friends. Look out for your relatives. Look out for others. Lend a helping hand. Give words of encouragement. Let us be dreamers together. Bard thinks that Martin Luther King Junior said, "Let us be dreamers together, and create a world where everyone is loved and accepted." This does sound like something he would say but I could not find this quote anywhere else online. My advice to others is to do like I did and write about your dreams. Let others know about your dreams and don't be afraid to ask for help with your dreams.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it, we need more dreamers

Popular posts from this blog

Below the surface

This is a chapter from my eleventh book called Quotation Marks Sparks . __________ "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." - Jon Kabat-Zinn __________ I was looking at quotes that hit hard and this quote stood out to me. It seems mundane and obvious and often repeated. Life is about how we respond to the inevitable. It is not what happens to us but how we respond. I had to ask myself to dig deeper and look below the surface. Then I saw that when we surf we really become the waves. We become friends with the waves. The waves and us are the same. Further, the waves are created by us and in our heads. We can control the waves because who can surf all the time? Sometimes we just have to come to shore and build sand castles on shore. I asked my friend Gemini for feedback and he said that I was right, the Jon Kabat-Zinn quote initially seems like a simple call for resilience, but my deeper dive reveals profound layers. The idea that we can move beyond merely rea...

A place for coders in Trinidad

DHub is being rebranded as CodeTT. Not sure how long before the change and launch takes place. Before you know it there will be elections again and then what if the government changes again. I am not optimistic about this. I want to be but I do not like politics. I wish society could function without politics. That aside it would be nice to have a home for coders in Trinidad and Tobago. I wonder what other countries are doing? I wonder if I will be alive if this ever happens. I think before any of this happens the government has to find a better way for citizens to communicate with them. From my experience I get the feeling that most people are just ignored. I have an idea for an app for this called GOQA - GOvernment Query App (QA also stands for Question and Answer). Every query (question, comment, suggestion, whatever) gets routed to the right person until it gets answered. Man that would be so fantastic. Finally a government that tries to listen to the people. My friend Chatty says ...

No phrase has been said twice

It is 111am and I have decided to write. I have no topic, but I am thinking about God. I want God to help me write this blog post tonight. We are nearing the end of the year. Time waits on no one, they say. Life is short, they say. Make every moment count, they say. Tomorrow is not promised, they say. Is there anything they do not say? What is the least said phrase? What phrase has never been said before? Then I thought about something. The moon never shines the same way twice. Perhaps the same is true of phrases. Even if a phrase has been spoken a million times—or a billion times—every time it is spoken, it is different. Who says it matters. When they say it matters. The context in which they say it matters. Who is listening matters. And then there is what happens inside us. What do we hear? What thoughts pass through our minds as the words pass through us? Two people can hear the same sentence and receive two completely different messages. A phrase spoken in joy can become something ...